17th February 2023, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

Can I join Diploma in class11 and after class 12 can I join Merchant Navy?

I m presently studying in class 10. But I don't want to take PCM in Class 11. So can I take diploma in class 11 and after class 12 can I join Merchant Navy?

18th February 2023, 12:05 AM
IAmPagal

Default Re: Can I join Diploma in class11 and after class 12 can I join Merchant Navy?

Yes, you can choose to pursue a diploma after class 10th instead of taking PCM in class 11th. After completing your diploma, you can join the Merchant Navy. However, the exact eligibility requirements for joining the Merchant Navy may vary depending on the specific job position you are interested in.

After completing a diploma in Merchant Navy or related streams like Mechanical etc, you can work in various positions such as:

Deck officer
Marine engineer
Electrical officer
Ratings

Deck officers are responsible for the navigation of the ship, and the safety and security of the crew and cargo. Marine engineers are responsible for the maintenance and repair of the ship's engines, machinery, and other systems. Electrical officers are responsible for the maintenance and repair of the ship's electrical systems.

Ratings are support staff, and their duties may include cleaning, cooking, and other duties as assigned. There are also other job roles in areas such as logistics and operations management, as well as in port and shipping companies.

One can also pursue higher education and training to progress to higher ranks in the Merchant Navy, which can lead to better job opportunities and higher pay.
30th June 2023, 06:03 PM
Ar_pit

Default Re: Can I join Diploma in class11 and after class 12 can I join Merchant Navy?

Yes he can join Seafarer just after 10th, then based on 12th he can upgrade his cadre where diploma and degree in engineering are the requisites and thereafter many other criteria are to full fill to be merchant navy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?