15th June 2016, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

Can I pursue PCM (Science Stream) after 7.8 CGPA in 10th Class?

Hi Sir, I have secured 7.8 CGPA in 10th Class. Besides this, there is a section called CS, and most of the students are willing to take CS. Can I pursue PCM (science stream) after 10th with 7.8 CGPA?

15th June 2016, 07:24 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue PCM (Science Stream) after 7.8 CGPA in 10th Class?

** Yes you are eligible to pursue PCM (Science Stream) after 7.8 CGPA in 10th Class

** The minimum percentage required in 10th class is minimum of 75% for science stream in 11th class.

BEST COLLEGE FOR YOU

** Dhirubhai Ambani International School

** Billabong High International School

** Delhi Public School

** Freedom International School

** D A V Public School
15th June 2016, 07:25 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue PCM (Science Stream) after completion of your 10th standard with 7.8 CGPA from a recognised board. Candidates who have passed 10th standard in all subjects with minimum qualifying marks are eligible to pursue 11th standard PCM (Science Stream). Some best schools may ask for 8 CGPA to offer admission in 11th standard then, you are not eligible to get admission for pursuing your 11th standard in those schools.
15th June 2016, 08:10 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can take PCM in your Intermediate. Actually you got a good score in your 10th. So, you can pursue PCM in intermediate. There is no special percentage criteria required to pursue PCM in 10+2. Only some colleges will consider the percentage for taking admission in to their college.
15th June 2016, 09:07 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can pursue your higher secondary school degree with PCM group i.e; Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects having secured 7.8 CGPA in your Class 10th board examination as there is no such marks barrier for offering particular stream for academics.

But with this CGPA, you must not get admission in few top schools or colleges which prepare admission merit list on the basis of performance in Class 10th board examination. Also many colleges conduct their entrance examination for admission in their respective institute and to seek admission you have to mindful of these entrance examinations.

At last I would like to suggest you that, if your interest lies in the PCM group then you must try to seek admission in the same course in any institute as you will be confident about your choice as for other stream of your disliking might create uncertainity within you.
15th June 2016, 09:33 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in science steam in 10+2 after scoring 7.8 CGPA in board examination.

As there is no fixed requirement to get admission in science stream by anu board. All it depends on the school to fixed the criteria to offer the stream as according to number of available seats.

In some of school the entrance is conducted for admission in science stream or other stream. So, you have to visit the school to get more information about admission.
15th June 2016, 10:04 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Admission in a particular stream will depend the cut off at the given school. Most of the reputed school have a very high cut off for admission in science stream. 7.8 CGPA is a average score and getting admission in a top school will be difficult.
15th June 2016, 10:23 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, doubt you are eligible to get admission in Science ( mathematics) after scoring in 7.8 CGPA.

If you are interested in computer science you can select your fifth paper as CS.

The admission in schools are conducted through entrance examination where as some of schools offers stream on basis of CGPA in different subjects.
16th June 2016, 12:03 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can pursue your 11th standard with PCM after scoring 7.8 CGPA in your matriculation. But you must not have any backlog in your matriculation exams. Also your school must be well affiliated by some recognized board. So go for admission before the due date and work hard to get success.
16th June 2016, 12:24 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

CGPA stands for Cumulative Grade Point Average.
It is the way of providing marks in CBSE board in 10th standard.

7.8 CGPA is not a very good score but still enough to get admission in further classes.
Yes, you can get admission in Science stream in 11th standard with this score but it is certain that you may not be able to get admission in best school.
So, you should apply for admission in more schools to increase your chances to confirm admission as in top ranking schools, generally students with above 9.4 CGPA get admission easily.
As half June has passed, most of the schools have concluded their registration process or other will conclude soon. So, you should hurry for admission and for that first of all, you need to gather information about the schools in your area which provide admission in science stream to students having less than 8 CGPA in board examination.
After collecting information, you should apply in at least two of the schools to have a chance to get admission.
16th June 2016, 08:28 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can opt for PCM combination (in science stream) in your 10+2 level after scoring a CGPA of 7.8 in your tenth standard. You should apply for admission in different schools as getting admission with this percentage is tough especially in good schools. But there are ample number of schools and you can get admission chance. For certain good private institutes, you can get admission chance if you shell out extra money as donation from your pocket to book your seat.
16th June 2016, 11:21 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

The minimum Percentage required to get admission in science stream is depend on the School in which you applying. As per my knowledge yes you are eligible to get PCM (Science Stream) after 7.8 CGPA in 10th. The minimum percentage required in class 10th for taking admission in 11th science stream is 70 to 75%. The subject of science stream are English, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and hindi. The name of best college for you in which you can apply for admission is Freedom International School, Billabong High International School, Global Indian International School, Delhi Public School etc.
16th June 2016, 03:51 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you have scored enough marks to get admission in science stream in class 11 and continue with your studies further.

You should however apply for admission in good school and see if you can get admission in it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?