31st December 2016, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

What is the criteria to get PCM stream in class 11th?

If I get 10 CGPA overall, but in first term maths, I got 8 grade point and term 2, if I manage to get 10, then won't I get my stream(PCM) science? I got 10 grade point. Urgent help, please.

31st December 2016, 05:53 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the criteria to get PCM stream in class 11th?

*Your overall CGPA in standard tenth is 10. It can help you get admission in board in standard 11th with Science stream in which you can choose Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics without any doubt.

*There is no specific criteria, candidates with more percentage of CGPA get admission in science stream either with PCB or PCM group in most of the top schools and colleges. Your 10 CGPA will definitely help you in admission in any school with PCM group.
31st December 2016, 06:00 PM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

PCM is a Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

For 11th PCM stream candidate must have passed 10th class from a recognized board.

The admission of candidate will be done in good reputed college on the basis of percentage of marks in 10th class.

As per your percentage of marks in 10th class, you are eligible to get admission in 11th PCM stream.
31st December 2016, 06:28 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

There is no minimum criteria by CBSE to get admission in any stream in 11th std.

But, it is true that school affiliated with different board have the different eligibility to get admission in any stream as on basis of aggregate in 10th board or through entrance test.

So, you need to visit the school in which you want to get admission for more detail about admission procedure.
31st December 2016, 07:03 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

To get admission for pursuing 11th standard with PCM stream, you should have passed 10th standard or an equivalent examination from a Government recognised board. Admissions in 11th standard are done on merit basis of 10th standard board examination marks or through entrance examination conducted by the respective school.

As per the information you have mentioned in your query, you secured overall 10 CGPA, so, definitely you can get admission in 11th standard PCM stream for pursuing your higher studies.
31st December 2016, 07:10 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

First thing I would like to let you know that there is no certain fixed percentage barrier or grade requirement for pursuing a particular stream in higher secondary school degree and hence even you do not manage to secure 10 CGPA in your Class 10th examination you are eligible for pursuing any stream of your choice and strength for your higher studies.

But some top institutes to have some fixed percentage requirement for distribution of stream for admission in their institutes or these institutes conduct entrance examination for admission and distribution of stream. So you should be quite clear about the admission criteria of your desired institutes by visiting the institutes as it is not fixed.
31st December 2016, 07:11 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

1. The only criteria to get admission in good school in science stream is to score better marks in 10 standard. Admission in science stream in any school is done on basis of marks in tenth standard.

2. You should obtain 10 CGPA overall to get admission in school and stream of your choice. As most candidates are interested in science stream, percentage or CGPA required to get admission in science stream is more.
31st December 2016, 07:44 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to apply for admission in 11th standard with PCM as the threee main subjects. You should have to produce following documents to apply admission in 11t standard with science stream:
** Mark sheet of 10th standard with no pending backlog.
** You must have passed 10th standard from any affiliated school.
** You have to produce migration certificate if you are planning to change the school.
As you have scored overall CGPA 10, so you are eligible for admission in 11th standard under science stream.
31st December 2016, 08:05 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to get PCM stream in Class 11th Admission:

Yes, you are certainly eligible to get into 11th Class admission with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects with the above mentioned criteria. The minimum qualification required to get admission into 11th Class with PCM subjects is "10th Class" from a recognized university.

As you have already scored 8 grade point, I am sure you are eligible to get admission into 11th Class. In general, the minimum grade Point required is 7 and as you have scored 8 out of 10 grade point I am sure you are eligible to get PCM subjects admission.
31st December 2016, 08:23 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

If you want to opt for non medical stream in your 11th standard then there is no need to get 10 CGPA overall if you get above 8 CGPA then you can definitely get the stream of your choice.
Try to score more marks in order to make sure that you will get your seat of your choice.
Some of the schools provide admission to the students who have got more than 7 CGPA.
31st December 2016, 08:31 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can get Science stream with the above mentioned marks in class 10th.
Since you have scored pretty good marks in class 10th, you can take admission in a reputed School with Science stream.
31st December 2016, 09:28 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

The minimum percentage of 10th standard to join 11th PCM is a 70%.

Among the Sciences steam Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry are the best subjects.

After 12th standard there are several ways to study further.
31st December 2016, 10:35 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To get admission for pursuing PCM stream in Class 11th, you should have passed 10th standard or an equivalent examination from a recognised board. Most of the schools offer admission in 11th standard on basis of 10th standard board examination marks or through admission test/ entrance examination. Since, you have got 10 CGPA in your 10th standard, you are eligible to get admission for pursuing 11th standard with PCM stream.
11th May 2019, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

Can I get pcm stream in 11 , if I'd got 70 marks in maths and 90 marks in science in my 10th boards examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?