26th February 2015, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

Can I study Science in 11th standard if secured 75% in 10th CBSE?

hi sir
i got 45% marks in class ix and
70% marks in class x of cbse board
can i take science subject in class xi?
please tell me as soon as possible
with regards

27th February 2015, 07:34 AM
harishydv
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I study Science in 11th standard if secured 75% in 10th CBSE?

Percentage Required to take Science stream:

* The Requirement of Percentage to take science steam is different for different schools.

* If you want to study in reputed institutions like DPS, Mother International, Sardar Patel, Don Basco etc then you have 90% ans above.

* If you want to join in any general College, there is minimum percentage of Marks in 10th Class required for candidate.
27th February 2015, 09:12 AM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can choose science stream in your 11th standard. That's because there is no any percentage requirement, which you have to satisfy, to choose science stream, even a candidate who have only 50% of marks in 10th standard can choose science stream and moreover 9th standard marks are not considered by most of the institutions, to offer 11th standard admissions. So, there is no need to worry, you can definitely get admission in science stream in your 11th standard.
27th February 2015, 06:12 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can opt for Science stream in 11th standard even by securing 70% marks in your 10th standard from a CBSE Board. In science stream again there are two sub streams namely Medical and Non-Medical science streams. If you are good in Mathematics subject, then, you can opt for Non-Medical science stream else you can opt for Medical science stream.
2nd April 2015, 12:00 PM
amanshrivastava98

Yes, you can opt for the mathematics in 11th if you have secured that much percentage in the 10th standard.

You just have to apply in the school as soon as possible as the seats are limited and there are a huge number of candidate who want this.

According to the marks a merit list will be formed of all the candidates.
4th April 2015, 10:06 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can opt for Mathematics in your standard 11th having secured 75% aggregate in your 10th standard as there is no official compulsion of marks for streams .

But you can not get direct admission in some of the schools as they have limited seats and they form there own cut-offs for different courses so that the best get admitted in their school according to their percentage aggregate in 10th board examination.

In most of the schools the selection of stream is totally dependent on the interest of student as the student have to shape their future as their liking .

I suggest you to take the admission in school offering you the subject in which you are interested not which the other says as for the wrong decision you have to pay not the suggester .
5th April 2015, 03:19 PM
Tanveer2308

Yes
You can study science in 11th if you score 75% in 10 class.
Some schools have their own criteria like minimum marks to get admission in science is 90%.
DPS has criteria of 90%.
Some schools give admission if you have 75%.
It hardly matters how much you get in 10 class.
You will get admission in science.
5th April 2015, 03:51 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Yes definitely you can get admission in reputed school in science stream, 9th class result doesn't matters they will ask only 10th Pre board result or Board Results But it totally depends on school few of school have entrance test while few of them gave admission on the behalf of 10th class Pre board or Board results,
So firstly contact to the school and buy a prospectus of the school all the details of the school is mentioned in prospectus , If school have an entrance test then you must clear the test for admission otherwise go for another school
I would like to suggests you if you really wanna go for science stream then go for school gives you admission in science stream or CBSE Board is first preference because all CBSE school have same syllabus and same study pattern so nothing to worry about that
7th April 2015, 10:00 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes , you can study science in class 11th . But it is quite difficult to get admission in the best schools .

But some of the schools also conducts entrance examination for the admission try to apply in it and qualify the entrance examination .

Do not become sad if missed in getting admission in best schools as all the CBSE schools have to go through same syllabus and norms according to CBSE , New Delhi
5th March 2016, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

I have got 75% in 10th, and I also study in DPS.
The teachers and supervisers don't tell us the cut-off.
I really want PCBP(Physics,Chemistry,Biology,Phycology).
Will I be able to get it ?
18th May 2016, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

my maths is little bit weak but I am good in science and I want to do a computer science. can opt for computer science? pls respond to my question as much as fast you can!!!!!!!!
26th May 2016, 04:42 PM
Adhayay

Yes, you can study science in your 11th standard in CBSE because to take admission in 11th standard with science as main subject you need to score more than 60% in your 10th standard. And 9th standard marks are not considered to take admissions in 11th standard by any institute.
12th June 2017, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

Please name the schools where I could get admissions in class 11 CBSE after scoring 76% in class 10 cbse
21st March 2019, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

Sir i got 28 marks out of 80 in my science pre board exams in my 10th standard but my overall percentage is 75 percent would i will be able to take science stream
6th May 2019, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

Sir I study in Kv Old Cantt Allahabad and my score in class 10th cbse is 75% can I study in class 11th with science
4th November 2019, 06:14 PM
suchi haria
Junior Member+

Yes absolutely you can take science field.You have scored a decent percentage and can select science. Field
If you work hard with dedication you can achieve your goal whether it be medical or non medical
1st March 2020, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

Can I get science stream in DAV PUBLIC SCHOOL in class 11 if I get 75 percent in class 10 board
4th March 2020, 01:58 PM
__sumitjha

Criteria for admission in DAV PUBLIC SCHOOL are:-
1. For CBSE:
More than 85% in Science, Math and English, if you wish to opt for PCM.
80% + in Math, Science and English for PCB
75%+ for commerce
70%+ for arts

Now, Check out your marks in Science,Math and English and calculate the overall percentage in 3 subjects.If it is more than 85% you are eligible for admission.
1st August 2020, 10:02 AM
suchi haria
Junior Member+

Yes , definitely you can study in science stream these marks are good and you can get admission in CBSE school
You will have to study hard in the stream
You may not get admission in the top institute because the cut off may be high
But you can definitely secure a seat in other CBSE school
24th July 2022, 08:25 AM
Unregistered

I get 75%in 10 standard I want to opt for medical stream In Amrit indo Canadian academy and I will get easily admission
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?