17th September 2021, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

A cusrious case for Delhi Domicile Certificate and admission in Delhi University

Background: I am a resident of Delhi. My child has been studying in a Boarding school outside Delhi for last 4 years. On completion of her class 12th, she will come back to live with us in Delhi. She will be applying for admission in Delhi University in 2014.

Question 1: Will Delhi University require applicants to submit Domicile Certificate?
Question 2: Is my child eligible to get Delhi Domicile Certificate?

22nd September 2021, 05:38 AM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: A cusrious case for Delhi Domicile Certificate and admission in Delhi University

Delhi students don't need to show their domicile certificate however students of other states may need to show their certificate of residence for admission. You can visit the official web portal of the Delhi Government and click on the "Apply for Certificates Online" option and log in with the user ID and password. Fill in all the necessary details and upload all the relevant documents and submit the form. The eligibility to obtain a domicile certificate from the Delhi government is given below.

--> Applicant must be a resident of Delhi for the past three years.
--> Applicant must own a house/property/land in Delhi.
--> Applicant's name should be included in the voter list.
--> Female applicants can apply for the certificate if their spouse is a resident of Delhi.
--> In the case of minors, the certificate is issued based on their parent's residence.

Documents which is required to get a domicile certificate are given below.

--> A copy of the Birth Certificate.
--> Proof of the applicant owning a land.
--> Passport size colour photograph.
--> Resident Proof (Electricity bill, Water bill, Telephone bill).
--> Identity Proof (Aadhar Card, Voter ID, Ration Card)
--> Affidavit as prescribed in Annexure I of the domicile certificate form.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?