9th December 2015, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria for TET exam?

I have taught for six years in an excellent school. I Have taught classes 9,10,11,12.My educational qualification is BA,MA,B.ED,M.ED. Now I want to know if it is necessary to clear CTET and TET? The message gone down the CBSE affiliated school says that it is necessary to clear the exam but seeing the eligibility criteria it says something else. Do kindly let me know what exams I have to clear? I teach senior classes in school.

10th December 2015, 11:37 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for TET exam?

Yes, it is necessary to qualify in CTET or TET examination to become a teacher in central or state government school.

So, you need to qualify in examination to become a teacher in government school. As per your qualification you are eligible to appear for examination. So you need to just qualify in examination for final selection.
10th December 2015, 11:44 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for Teacher Eligibility Test:

This test is conducted by both central and state government.

1. Applicant should be citizen of India.
2. Applicant must have done graduation from recognized University.
3.B.Ed is mandatory.
4. Minimum percentage required is 50%.
5.No, age limit.

To pass the exam 60% and 55% for SC/ST are required.
10th December 2015, 02:15 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

You have completed B.A, B.Ed course so you are eligible for TET and CTET exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree with above 50% marks from a recognized university are eligible for TET, CTET exam. B.Ed is essential for TET and CTET exam.

Your age should be in between 18 to 40 years.
10th December 2015, 02:22 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You will have to clear your TET examination, below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria for TET examination, kindly have a look at it;

Candidate's minimum educational qualification should be graduation from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% in aggregate, also the candidate should have a B.Ed degree with a minimum of 50%.
10th December 2015, 04:49 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You are definitely eligible for TET with the qualification you have at the moment. If you want a government school teaching job then clearing TET is the only option available for you because there is a lot of competition for getting a government job.

Without TET you can get teaching job in private schools only through interview. They have nothing to do with TET score and they will just take into account your qualification and performance in interview but salary will not be at par with a government job.
12th August 2018, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

I have done an ATD by doing Diploma Applied Art after standard 10. The test can be given for Std 6 to 8.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?