25th October 2015, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

How to join Indian Army in officer rank after studying from Sainik school?

Sir, i am antony and i have completed b.sc. physics and also join in ncc during my college period. I did my schooling from a sainik school. Now i like to join in indian army in officer rank. How can i do so?

25th October 2015, 07:41 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Indian Army in officer rank after studying from Sainik school?

You can apply for various exams like CDS and NCC special entry scheme being a graduate in physics. Just make sure that you have age between 19 to 25 years. Selection will be based on the performance in written exam and SSB interview.

Therefore, just be prepared for these exams if you want to join Indian army as an officer. Being a graduate you have these options only.
26th October 2015, 03:38 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Indian Army in officer rank after studying from Sainik school?

To become an officer in Indian Army, one has basically two ways. One of the way is by competing National Defense Academy ( NDA ) examination and other way is by clearing Combined Defense Services (CDS ) examination.

As you have completed your bachelor of Science degree with Physics which means that your age must be over 19 years and hence you are not eligible for NDA examination now as the maximum age limit for the same is 19 years.

CDS stands for Combined Defense Service and the same examination is conducted twice every year by Union Public Service Commission in two stages which are respectively called as Written examination and Service Selection Board interview.

To be eligible for CDS examination for joining Indian Army ( Indian Military Academy ) you must have the qualifications given below :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must be within 19 years to 24 years.

* You must have completed your bachelor degree course with any discipline from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of same degree course are also eligible.

* You must maintain the physical and mental fitness as per the service requirement norms.

The school of academics does not have any real impact on the selection procedure as the selection is strictly based on your performance in the same examination.

For more information regarding the eligibility of other wings of CDS, pattern of examination, previous year question pattern and further notifications about the same you can log on to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
26th October 2015, 03:39 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

To join Indian Army after completing B.Sc physics you have to apply for CDS exams.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services Exams.
  • Age of candidate must be from 19 to 24 years.
  • Candidate must be citizen of India.
  • Candidate must have completed graduation from any recognised university.

Candidate can apply for CDS exam online on the website of UPSC that is http://www.upsc.gov.in

After completion of application procedure candidate have to appear in written exams.
Those candidate who have passed written exams will be called for SSB interview round.
Candidate have to pass interview round and after completion of SSB interview candidate have to face Medical test and it is the last round of the selection.

Candidate who have passed the SSB Interview and Medical test can join Indian Army with officer rank.
18th June 2020, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am rakesh from guntur iam an orphan bit have completed my 12th so i want to do servoce to our country so please help me to join in indian army
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?