11th November 2018, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

Humanities or Science, which is to study in HS to become an IPS Officer?

Hello Sir/Madam, I want to become an IPS Officer. I am studying in 9th standard of Maharashtra Board. My sister is taking Humanities in 11th standard. But I have heard that I have to take Humanities for this. I don’t understand why? So, I want to know which I study Humanities or Science?

24th November 2018, 10:02 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Humanities or Science, which is to study in HS to become an IPS Officer?

I.P.S is Indian Police Service. Civil Service Examination is conducted for recruitment as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S etc. The examination is conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years. There is relaxation in upper limit for reserved category.

No limitation on discipline and aggregate to appear in examination.

The examination is conducted in three stages. Candidates have to qualify in all three stages of examination for final selection. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
25th November 2018, 02:49 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Humanities or Science, which is to study in HS to become an IPS Officer?

To be an IPS ( Indian Police Service ) officer, you need to qualify the Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

The minimum education required for appearing in the Civil Services examination is a bachelor's degree in any discipline from recognized university. Further, the stream of academics at any academic degree level is not considered as far as the eligibility for the same examination is concerned.

So, you do not have to be worried about the selection of stream for any academic level degree course in order to become IPS officer by qualifying the Civil Services examination.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?