7th July 2019, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

Steps to become an IPS Officer for a candidate with 42% in 12th Humanities of Assam Board?

I want to become an IAS Officer. I have scored 42% marks in my 12th Humanities Assam Board exam. Kindly let me know that what I have to do so that I can achieve my aim? Please let me know about the steps.

9th July 2019, 06:58 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to become an IPS Officer for a candidate with 42% in 12th Humanities of Assam Board?

Being a Class 12th passed candidate, to become IAS/IPS officer, you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

--> Further, the basic qualifications required to apply for the Civil Services examination are as below :-

* You must have the citizenship of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is allowed for candidates belonging to reserved category as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognised university. Students pursuing final year of their degree course are also eligible. Also, marks in any academic degree does not matter as far as the eligibility for the same examination is concerned.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
9th July 2019, 10:11 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to become an IPS Officer for a candidate with 42% in 12th Humanities of Assam Board?

To become an I.A.S or I.P.S officer, you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service Examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC. The examination is conducted in three stages.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years.

So, you will have to pursue the bachelor degree course to become eligible to appear for the examination.

For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
10th July 2019, 04:08 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

To become an I.P.S officer, you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service Examination.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years.

So, you can start the preparation as per syllabus but consistency and hard work is the key to get success in the examination.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
10th July 2019, 06:33 PM
HKBEHURA
Senior Member+++++

You can become an IAS officer, there is no such problem in it. You will just have to follow the below mentioned steps;

1. You will have to complete your 12th boards admission from a recognized board.
2. After that you will have to complete your graduation from a recognized university with a minimum of 60% in aggregate.
3. You will then have to fill up the application form for UPSC examination.
4. Once you clear the examination, you will be most eligible for SSB training, i.e. conducted for 7 days.
5. After clearing SSB training, you will have to appear for an interview session and once you clear the interview session, you will be most eligible for the position of an IAS.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?