17th April 2014, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

Is my son eligible for admission in class 1 at St Xavier's Collegiate School?

Dear Sir,
I'm eager to get my son admitted in class-I of St Xavier's Collegiate School, Kolkata, this year. Please guide & help. My son's Date of Birth is 19.07.2008. Is he eligible for Class I in the year 2014-15? Will you please help how could we prepare my son for the interview board? Will you please guide us about the questionnaires of the interviews for Class I?

Thanks and regards,

B. Bharti

26th March 2015, 10:22 AM
anamikasenrocks

Default Re: Is my son eligible for admission in class 1 at St Xavier's Collegiate School?

Yes, your son is eligible for getting admitted in St. Xavier's Collegiate School. St. Xavier's Collegiate School is one of the best schools in Kolkata.
Now you have to look after two facts to get your son prepared for the interview.
1) He must be able to speak in fluent English. No one will judge his vocabulary in class 1. But it will be checked that whether he will be able to present his feelings in English Language or not. St. Xavier's Collegiate School is an English medium school and no teacher of the school speaks in any other language than English.
2) Next is that he must know a little about the current happenings around him. He must be able to name our Prime Minister or President or country's Education Minister in one go. So just brush up his general knowledge a bit.
The questions are mainly going to come from general knowledge. Few questions might come from name of the author's of few popular novels or books. Lastly, they might ask tables of 2 or 4 or might ask him to do simple addition, subtraction etc.
31st March 2015, 03:47 PM
SmilyRishu

Default Re: Is my son eligible for admission in class 1 at St Xavier's Collegiate School?

For getting admission in the ST XAVIER' COLLEGIATE SCHOOL, KOLKATA you must have to fulfill following criteria:::>>>

You must have knowledge about your surrounding along with current affairs but basic not at higher level knowledge.

Also your English speaking as per your standard must be good.

Also your age must not be less than 6 years for getting admission in 1st standard.

So if your son fulfill all the above criteria then he is eligible to get admission in the above mentioned school.
Thank you.
3rd April 2015, 02:12 AM
amanshrivastava98

According to the norms of various boards of Education in our country, the candidate seeking admission in the 1st standard should be atleast 5 years old.

If your son is 5years or older then you can get him admitted in any school of your choice and there will be no hinderance related to the age.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?