29th July 2020, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

Is PCM compulsory to study in HS Science for further joining Indian Navy?

Hi everyone, I am studying in 10th standard from Uttarakhand Board. I will take Science stream as I am aiming to join Indian Navy. I would like to know is it compulsory to pursue PCM stream in Science of Higher Secondary?

31st July 2020, 08:25 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is PCM compulsory to study in HS Science for further joining Indian Navy?

Yes, it is compulsory to pursue std 12th in PCM to become eligible to appear in NDA or other recruitment examination for NAVY.

The eligibility for recruitment in Navy through NDA is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCM.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible to appear in the examination.

Examination is conducted in two stages.

For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st July 2020, 08:45 PM
honeyroy
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is PCM compulsory to study in HS Science for further joining Indian Navy?

For most of the post in Indian Navy , candidate must have PCM combination in his HS Secondary but it is not compulsory .

If you are aiming Indian Navy you must take PCM combination because it will provide you more opportunity.
31st July 2020, 09:03 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Yes, it is compulsory to have pursued Physics and Mathematics in Class 12th level to have any opportunity in Indian Navy as an officer either after Class 12th through NDA (National Defence Academy) after after graduation degree course through CDS (Combined Defense Services).

For complete details regarding various career opportunities available in Indian Navy, you can refer to the link www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
1st August 2020, 09:31 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

The common minimum eligibility to join Indian Navy is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in std 12th from a recognised board in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main paper.

So, you if you want to join Indian Navy than you must pursue std 11th and 12th in science ( PCM ).

NDA is one of the entry through which you can join Indian Navy as an officer after 12th.

For more information about the UPSC NDA examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
3rd August 2020, 12:41 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The first thing I would like to let you that, one can join Indian Navy as a Sailor or as an Officer.

Further, for entry as a officer whether through NDA (National Defence Academy) after Higher Secondary school education or through CDS (Combined Defense Services) after completion of B.E./B.Tech. degree course, one is required to have opted for Science stream with Physics and Mathematics as main subjects for their Class 12th studies.

While, for entry as a sailor, even a Class 8th passed candidates are eligible and therefore it is not mandatory to have opted for Science stream in Class 12th for joining Indian Navy as a sailor.

For complete details and updates regarding different career options available in Indian Navy as per your qualifications, you can refer to the link www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?