3rd August 2014, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

Percentage needed in class 12th to apply in JEE Advance for Kashmir board with Merit ST and SC student?

The minimum percentage(%) I have to score in class 12th 2013 in Kashmir board with Merit ST and SC so to apply on JEE-(MAINS) and JEE-(ADVANCE)?????
If I got 4% excess then the minimum percentage to apply on JEE- (ADVANCE) and I done the entrance exam paper 95% and the other student who had got 96% in class 12th exam in Kashmir board with merit ST but he done the entrance exam paper 85%....the preference is given to whom,to be count in topper in entrance exame???????

23rd September 2014, 11:31 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage needed in class 12th to apply in JEE Advance for Kashmir board with Merit ST and SC student?

To appear for the JEE (Advanced) Exam, you must have appeared and qualified in the JEE (Mains) Examination. The minimum percentage required for SC/ST students to appear for the JEE (Advanced) exam is 55% of marks in 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from any recognised board.

The top 1,50,000 students who had appeared and qualified in the JEE(Mains) exam are eligible to appear for the JEE (Advanced) Exam out of which the following categories are as follows :-
-->Top 75,750 (50.5 %) candidates from Common Merit List
-->Top 40,500 (27%) candidates from Other Backward Classes
-->Top 22,500 (15 %) candidates from Scheduled Caste (SC) merit list
-->Top 11,250 (7.5 %) candidates from Scheduled Tribe (ST) merit list
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?