18th April 2021, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to get 1st standard admission for a 5 years old candidate

Hello, I would like to know what is the age limit for admission in 1st standard? My son is 4 years old and studying in Nursery. So he can get admission in 1st standard next year when he would be 5 years of age? Please let me know about this as soon as possible.

19th April 2021, 11:52 AM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to get 1st standard admission for a 5 years old candidate

°°° According to the DoE rules, the upper age limit as of March 31, 2021, for admission in nursery and kindergarten is 4 year and 5 years respectively while the maximum age required for class one is 6 years.
So, as per the rules a candidate who has completed the age of 5 years as on 1st March of the respective year in which he or she wants to take admission is eligible.
20th April 2021, 10:40 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to get 1st standard admission for a 5 years old candidate

The age limit for 1st standard admission is given below:

> The candidate should have minimum 5 years of age on the 31st March of the year.

> The age of the candidate should not be greater than 7 years as on the 31st March of the same year.

> Yes, your son is eligible to get 1st standard admission at the age of 5 years.
20th April 2021, 11:46 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Possibility to get 1st standard admission for a 5 years old candidate

In CBSE school the criterion for admission to class 1 is that the student should be completing 5 years as on 1st March of their respective year.
Maximum age can be 6 years.
21st April 2021, 09:13 AM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

The age limit for 1st standard admission in given below:-

Age limit:-

The Candidate should have minimum 5 years of age on the 31st March of the Year.

The upper age of the candidate should not be greater than 7 years as on the 31st March of the same year.
21st April 2021, 11:01 AM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes, he can get admission in 1st standard. In CBSE schools the criterion for admission to class 1 is that the student should be completing 5 years as on 1st March of the respective year.
22nd April 2021, 01:26 PM
honeyroy
Senior Member+++++

Yes, It is possible to get 1st standard admission for a 5 years old candidate.

Candidate must be 5 years old as on 31 March in current academic year to get admission in Class I.

Candidate can get admission just by completing application procedure.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?