31st May 2015, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to appear in 10th ICSE Board exam as an External candidate?

Dear Sir,
I want to know that I can give 10th ICSE
Board exam through external mode.
I haven't studied in my school due to my illness.
Now, I want to appear as an External Candidate.
Kindly tell me is this possible?

1st June 2015, 11:47 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to appear in 10th ICSE Board exam as an External candidate?

No, it is not possible to appear in 10th ICSE Board exam as an External candidate.

You have to complete your 10th class with ICSE board as an regular student.

If you want to pursue your 10th class as an external candidate you can do it from NIOS Board. NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling.
If you want to complete your 10th from ICSE biard, then it is compulsory to complete it as regular student.

For more details about NIOS please visit : http://www.nios.ac.in
1st June 2015, 04:21 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it possible to appear in 10th ICSE Board exam as an External candidate?

Yes you can give 10th ICSE board exam through external mode but here you need to consult to your principal first. Just visit to school campus and have a meeting with school principal. Ask them about your suggestion. They will better guide you.

Once they allowed you for giving your 10th standard from external mode then you just follow their procedure. Submit all required documents and examination fee if they ask for that. I am sure visiting there will be definitely beneficial for you.
1st June 2015, 06:48 PM
swanand thakur
Member+

No, you are not allowed to appear in 10th ICSE Board as an External Candidate
25th June 2015, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

I had not appear icsce exam previous year due to my illeness I will appear this year is it to appear this year without doing regular classes
25th June 2015, 07:28 PM
reconnect

In ISC or CBSE board you have to attend regular classes. But if a student have any problem then, he has to concern with the teachers and the principal of his school.
Then the possibility to appear in the exam may arises. So, concern with your principal as soon as possible and submit the required documents.

You can also have a second option that is, you can give the exam through the NIOS board in which there is no need to attend the regular classes.
You can directly appear in the exams.

I think if you will go to your school and talk to your principal then there definitely you will get the solution for this problem.

Good luck.
15th November 2019, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for 10th ICSE board exam if I have less then 75% of attendance?
21st February 2020, 09:51 AM
Unregistered

My sister is unable to appear in her ICSE Board Exams to be held in 2020 due to her illness as she is hospitalized for past 20 days and she will further take 15-20 days to recover. Is there any way she can save her one year and go to XI class without appearing in board exams??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?