7th July 2014, 12:36 AM
Unregistered

Whether a candidate will get admission in 11th ICSE after completing 10th from CBSE Board?

Dear Sir
My daughter has given her 10th grade school based exam from CBSE board kerala. After the forms for the final exams were submitted is when I came to know that I am being transferred to mumbai. In mumbai near my house there are only ICSE school. I want my daughter to join the grade 11th in icse. Will she get the admission in ICSE 11 firstly because she has given the 10th school based exam and is there any problem to shift the board under the CBSE rules. kindly reply. regards rajendran.

Related Questions:
  1. Which board would be better for me between ICSE and CBSE?
  2. Is it possible to appear for ICSE in 11th standard after passing 10th from CBSE board?
  3. Would I be considered under the 75% state(Gujarat) reservation quota for taking admission in Gujarat engineering colleges? I have done 10th(ICSE board) and 12th(CBSE board) from Gujarat. I have domicile of Gujarat
  4. Which board to select between ICSE and CBSE?
  5. What is the academic difference between CBSE and ICSE board? Which board is easier to score? Any real difference in subjects from preparation stand point?
  6. Possibility to get transfer from Bihar board to ICSE or CBSE board after 10th?
  7. How to take admission in class 11th after completing 10th in Cambridge board
  8. Any CBSE board schools with hostel facility in Jharkhand or West Bengal? What is the procedure for admission in class 11th science?
  9. Subjects and board which is suitable for me in 11th and 12th after giving 10th standard ICSE board exam?
  10. GSEB, CBSE or ICSE which board is better for 2 years old kid?
  11. After 10th exams from which board should I do 11th, MP Board or CBSE board?
  12. How to take admission in 11th class after completing 10th board?
  13. Can I get admission in 11th Gujarat State Board after completing 10th from CBSE Board?
  14. Does 10th from Aligarh University is affiliated to ICSE board?
  15. Change from CBSE to ICSE after 10th school based exam
  16. If my ward appear in Board Conducted Examination of class 10th CBSE is there is any restriction for their admission in class 11th?
  17. Admission in class 10th CBSE school from class 9th ICSE school
  18. Should I take CBSE or ISC after 12th? I have passed class 10th with ICSE board -- [Most Discussed]
11th July 2014, 11:00 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether a candidate will get admission in 11th ICSE after completing 10th from CBSE Board?

Yes, she can definitely get admission in the 11th ICSE board school in Mumbai. You need to make sure that she gets the transfer certificate, character certificate and migration certificate from the previous school along with the mark sheet and parameters of judging the result(if any such kind is followed by the school).

There is not much problem since the syllabus of ICSE and CBSE is more or less same. However, she has to study an extra subject which is second language in ICSE and english is tougher than in CBSE.
12th July 2014, 12:37 AM
Priyanka( Your advisor )

Default Re: Whether a candidate will get admission in 11th ICSE after completing 10th from CBSE Board?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir
My daughter has given her 10th grade school based exam from CBSE board kerala. After the forms for the final exams were submitted is when I came to know that I am being transferred to mumbai. In mumbai near my house there are only ICSE school. I want my daughter to join the grade 11th in icse. Will she get the admission in ICSE 11 firstly because she has given the 10th school based exam and is there any problem to shift the board under the CBSE rules. kindly reply. regards rajendran.
Answer-Respected sir, YES your daughter can join ICSE Board after class 10th even of she did her 10th from CBSE.But you have to ask the the school authorities for details about the admissions& cut-offs from the school you want your daughter to join. They will take admission test or might give admission on the basis of 10th class results to give her the desired stream.
22nd March 2015, 08:48 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Yes; you are eligible to get admission in any of the board if there are seats in the school.But you must have to take the essential documents as ---
1.Migration.
2.SLC.
3.Marksheet.
4.Few photos.

But I will suggest you to work hard as I think ICSE board has tough syllabus as compared to CBSE.

Also make a revision of your class10 th books as some of the school takes examination to take admission and other can take on your earlier marks also.
22nd March 2015, 10:40 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Absolutely Yes you can change the Board from CBSE to ICSE after 10 class , there may be one problem first of all contact to the ICSE board school that can they gave admission to your daughter , did she get the marks what the school ask , or may be school have an entrance test , you can get this information after contacting the school ,

As per CBSE rules you can change the board easily after 8th and 10th class , as you mention that you were transferred to Mumbai so first collect all the certificates from the existing schools , ICSE board is good choice , CBSE and ICSE are almost same and have same reputation

==> Migration certificate
==> Character certificate
==> Mark-sheet for 10 class

and Now go for ICSE board school and apply there with two passport sizes photos of your daughter
31st March 2015, 11:22 PM
SmilyRishu

Sure, you can take admission in 11th standard ICSE after completing your matriculation from CBSE board.
But for that you will need to follow a brief procedure.
You will some important documents like :::>>>

** A migration certificate

** A character certificate

** Mark sheet of 10th class.

After getting all the above you have to fill admission form and attach all necessary documents.
1st April 2015, 10:23 AM
kaushikthallam
Junior Member+

Yes it is possible and check that all certificates you have and make them a copy for future use. Some managements allow based on the progress of 10th so ig you got good % go for better institution.

Thanks
kAushik
21st August 2017, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

Whether a candidate will get admission in 11th cbse after competing 10th from cbse board
27th March 2020, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

I want to know that it is true that ICSE board student gets a chance to go abroad to study?
7th May 2023, 11:26 AM
Member+

You can, absolutely. All you need to submit are your class 10 grade transcript, migration and transfer certificates, and a few more documents (which you can receive from your school). Since board registration occurs in class eleven, switching boards after school won't be a problem.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?