5th January 2015, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

Scope and courses related to History for 12th student?

Hello
my name meenakshi i pass 12th arts with 85%
my main subject in 12th history, physical studies,
dring panting.... I like history so you tell me
what best for me after 12th and also what is
the scope?

Related Questions:
  1. What course related to history should I opt for my better future prospect after my 12th?
  2. Which is the course related to Agriculture? I am a B.A in History(H)
  3. Which courses should I choose other than medical? Which has a better scope?
  4. What to do after completion of 12th Commerce? Scope for me in the Commerce stream?
  5. Best courses related to Biology and colleges offering them in India? Is there any scope in environment science?
  6. Which courses can I do after 12th Arts? Scope in Arts stream? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. What type of courses can I do after 12th? Scope for Arts students?
  8. How can I prepare for interior designing and decoration? Courses related to it and the duration of the courses?
  9. Job oriented courses for 12th Arts student?
  10. Duration of the paramedical courses after 12th? Best colleges offering the course? What is the scope in it?
  11. How to do computer related job oriented course if I am a student of M.Com
  12. After MBBS which are the genetic related courses? Scope of the jobs after that?
  13. Opportunities available for a B.E ECE student? Is there any scope in aviation management?
  14. Which type of courses I can do after 12th Arts? What is the scope of Arts stream?
  15. Can I opt for CFA course after completion of 12th class? Information regarding other Commerce related Professional courses to pursue along with B.Com course?
  16. Engineering related courses in foreign universities for 12th student? How can I get admission?
  17. Which are the courses related to Marine engineering? I have completed 12th
  18. Which are the beneficial courses related to Microbiology field? What is the scope in this field?
7th January 2015, 01:56 AM
smithapriya

Default Re: Scope and courses related to History for 12th student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello
my name meenakshi i pass 12th arts with 85%
my main subject in 12th history, physical studies,
dring panting.... I like history so you tell me
what best for me after 12th and also what is
the scope?
Once you have finished your graduate studies in history, you can do your Bachelor degree in History (BA History). A few of the areas of specialization available are:

-Agrarian Economy of Ancient, Medieval and Modern India
-American Imperialism in the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries
-Ancient and Medieval Societies

A few other certification courses that are available for graduates include:

-Certificate Course in Archaeology, Iconography, Indian numismatics, Manuscriptology, numismatics
-Diploma in Ancient History, Archaeology and Culture, Archaeology
-Diploma in Ancient Indian History and Culture, Epigraphy
-Diploma in Archaeology, Epigraphy, Museology
-Diploma in Museum Administration, Museum Modeling

If you like to go for advanced studies you can do PhD in any one of the numerous specializations available.

Career options for students who have finished their graduation in history are quite high. You can go for advanced studies or get jobs. If you would like to pursue your studies you can go for Master’s degree in the same field. You can also appear for the UPSC or the statewide PSC tests. You can also appear for the SSC tests. If you like the teaching profession you can get the B.Ed (after BA) or M.Ed (after MA) degree and apply for teacher or lecturer positions. Many other job options are available too.

A few include:

-Archivists
-Information Managers
-Librarians
-Politician
-Public Relations officer
-Records Managers

You can even appear for Bank tests and get jobs as Probationary Officers or Clerks, or work with newspapers or magazines after completing your graduation. Students of history with a professional degree in journalism can get jobs with magazines like Business India, Outlook and National Geographic Magazine etc.
7th January 2015, 03:19 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

As you have mentioned that you like history very much, there is obviously a good career scope in History as a subject.

You should go for BA History(hons) course, as it has a lot of career prospect in the filed that you are most interested in.

You can go for many certification courses after doing BA History(hons), like;

1. Certificate courses in Archaeology, Iconography, Indian Numismatics, Manuscriptology, Numismatics.

2. Diploma in Ancient History, Archaeology and Culture

3. Diploma in Ancient Indian History and Culture, Epigraphy

4. Diploma in Archaeology

5. Diploma in Epigraphy

6. Diploma in Museology

7. Post graduate Diploma in Archaeology

8. Post graduate Diploma in Archaeology, Museology, etc.

Career opportunities:

After completing your graduation you can even go for advanced studies or avail jobs.

Students can also appear for UPSC or the state wide PSC tests.

Moreover, many other job are also lined up, like;

1. Archivists

2. Information Manager

3. Librarians

4. Politicians

5. Public Relations Officer

6. Records Managers, etc.
15th June 2017, 01:39 AM
Unregistered

Hi, my name is Ishrat Singh and i am from Bathinda, Punjab. I have just completed my high school studies from St. Xaviers school, Bathinda in arts stream. I want to pursue my further studies in world history and want have a career in the teaching lines in universities. Can you please tell me or advise me some of the courses that i can take up related with world history. Thanks in advance. My email is - [email protected].
6th June 2020, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

I am in a big confusion. I am not able to decide want i should do after may 12th for butter and nice career AHED. My subjects are HISTORY, SOCIOLOGY, POL.SCIENCE . This will need your gratitude if you will suggest me something....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?