8th July 2021, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

Should I have to reappear in 12th ISC for appearing in NEET-UG if completed with PCM stream?

Hello Sir/Madam, I have completed my 12th PCM with ISC Board. Now, I am interested to apply for NEET-UG but I haven't studied Biology in my Intermediate. So, I have to reappear the Board exam of 12th ISC for being eligible?

12th July 2021, 10:56 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to reappear in 12th ISC for appearing in NEET-UG if completed with PCM stream?

Candidates without having Biology in std 12th are not eligible to appear for NEET.

NEET is conducted for admission in medical courses. The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed or appearing for std 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main paper with minimum 50% aggregate.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination without biology as main paper.
13th July 2021, 07:05 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to reappear in 12th ISC for appearing in NEET-UG if completed with PCM stream?

To appear in NEET-UG, the minimum education required is a Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology as main subjects with at least 50% marks in aggregate (or 40% marks in aggregate in case of reserved category candidates) in PCB combination from a recognized board of education.

So, having completed your Class 12th with PCM combination instead of PCB combination, for appearing in NEET-UG, you are certainly required to reappearing in your Class 12th with PCB combination this time.

For complete information regarding NEET-UG, you can refer to the link www.ntaneet.nic.in.
14th July 2021, 07:58 PM
jeet2porwal

Yes, You should reappear in 12th ISC for appearing in NEET-UG if completed with PCM stream.

If you want to appear for NEET UG than it must to have Biology in 11th and 12th class.

According to National Education Policy 2020- 2021 PCM students are also eligible to appear in NEET UG examination but this policy will be implemented from academic year 2022- 23.

Either you can wait for 1 year or repeat 11th and 12th both with Biology subject.

I would suggest you to continue with PCM subject and choose BTech Biotechnology if you are interested in Biology only and don't want waste some precious year of your life.
14th July 2021, 08:52 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Since the eligibility criteria for NEET are that the candidate should have completed 12th with a minimum of 60% from physics, chemistry, biology as their main subjects from any recognized board. So, the candidate will again have to complete 12th from science stream to be eligible for this test.

NEET will be conducted on Sunday,12 Sep, 2021 this year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?