14th April 2020, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

Steps to become a Historian for a 12th student?

I am in 12th standard with Assam Board. I am good in English, History and Political Science. I am also interested become a Historian. I want to become a good and reputed Historian. What I have to do after 12th to become this? So, tell me about the course.

16th April 2020, 01:13 AM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to become a Historian for a 12th student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in 12th standard with Assam Board. I am good in English, History and Political Science. I am also interested become a Historian. I want to become a good and reputed Historian. What I have to do after 12th to become this? So, tell me about the course.
After completing your 12th standard, you must pursue a bachelor's degree to acquire the necessary qualifications for the position of the historian. A bachelor's degree must be studied from some of the recognized universities with history as the key focus of study.

Certificate/Degree Courses

- Advance Certificate in Ancient Indian History
- B.A. (Ancient History)
- B.A. (History)
17th April 2020, 01:11 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Fellow these steps to become Historian :

Step 1:

After passing your 12th class, candidate have to obtain bachelor level education to obtain basic qualification for the post of historian.

Courses-
B.A. in Ancient History
B.A. in History
Certificate in ancient Indian history

Step 2:

Nowadays Master's degree or PhD in History is preferred for the various positions.

Post graduate courses:
MA in History
MA in ancient history
PhD ancient history

Institutes offering courses for Historian-

Faculty of Social Sciences, Banasthali University, Tonk

Solapur university, Solapur

Vikram University, Ujjain
17th April 2020, 01:48 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Steps to become a Historian for a 12th student:-

Step 1: earn bachelor's degree

Step 2: earn a master's degree or PHD

Step 3: Find work

Step 4: continue researching

Skills required:-
> Historians possesses intellectual and analytical.
> They should possess critical thinking skills.
> they should be open minded and have an awareness and understanding of a range of different cultures.
17th April 2020, 05:11 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Step to become a Historian for a 12th student:-

Step 1:-
After passing 12th class, candidates have to complete bachelor level education to obtain basic qualification for the post of historian.
The bachelor degree must be obtained from any of the reputed educational institutions with History as the main subject of study.

Step 2 :-
Now a days master's degree or PhD (in History) is preferred for the various positions. Those who have these educational qualification can find job opportunities in research firms, public sector 5, museums, universities, historical societies and so on. The candidate has to score relevant marks in the selection process carried out by the recruiter to get into the post.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?