26th February 2019, 03:04 AM
Unregistered

Steps to become a Railway Engineer for a candidate with 64% in ISC 12th Science?

Respected Sir/Madam, I want to become a Railway Engineer. I have scored 64% marks in my 12th Science of ISC Board exam. Kindly let me know that what I have to do so that I can achieve my aim? Please let me know about the steps. Thank you!

3rd March 2019, 12:27 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to become a Railway Engineer for a candidate with 64% in ISC 12th Science?

There are two way to get job as engineering in Indian railways:-

UPSC
RRB

UPSC will give you Group-B(Gazetted post) with increase of grade pay and promotion after every 4-5 years.
RRB will give you group c( Non-Gazetted post) with increase of grade pay after every 10 years.
3rd March 2019, 09:05 AM
EducationConsultant

Default Re: Steps to become a Railway Engineer for a candidate with 64% in ISC 12th Science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir/Madam, I want to become a Railway Engineer. I have scored 64% marks in my 12th Science of ISC Board exam. Kindly let me know that what I have to do so that I can achieve my aim? Please let me know about the steps. Thank you!
Its good that your aspiring to become Railway Engineer after 12th standard. Please, follow the below steps to become a Railway Engineer.

Step:1 - Apply for B.Tech in Mechanical or Electrical engineering after 12th standard.

Step:2 - After completing B.Tech you can apply for the for exams like RRB JE SSE, IES, IRTS etc.

Step:3 - Prepare for well for the entrance exam. Mostly selection is done based on the entrance exam score and interview performance.

Official website Source:

1. Indian Railways Traffic Service (IRTS) Conducted by UPSC (Official website)

2. RRB JE SSE conducted by Railways, Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) (Official website)

3. IES Conducted by UPSC
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?