2nd January 2017, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects to choose in 12th to get admission in genetic engineering?

I am the student of 12th std. After my 12th, I would like to take genetic engineering. I would like to know the subjects offered or which subject should I choose & what should be my 12th std marks.

Related Questions:
  1. Genetic Engineering: Percentage required in 12th and which subjects to choose to study genetic engineering later?
  2. Percentage required in 12th to get admission in Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology courses? Main subjects in both the courses? Entrance exams required to be answered for Genetic Engineering?
  3. How to do genetic engineering after doing 12th with PCM?
  4. Subjects which I should opt in 11th and 12th to take up Genetic Engineering? Which entrance exams to give?
  5. Am i eligible for admission in genetic engineering after scoring 72% marks in 12th?
  6. Percentage needed in 12th board exam to get admission in Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology course? Entrance exam which I need to answer?
  7. What are the subjects required for Genetic Engineering? Is Maths required for Genetic Engineering course?
  8. Which entrance exam to give for admission in genetic engineering after 12th?
  9. Procedure and eligibility criteria for genetic engineering?
  10. Percentage of marks required in boards to get admission for Genetic Engineering Biotechnology? What are the main subjects in Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology? Which is the entrance exam?
  11. Procedure to get admission for Genetic Engineering course after completion of 12th Class with 97% of marks?
  12. How to study genetic engineering after passing 10th? What subjects are required for genetic engineering
  13. Is it compulsory to have Biology as your subjects in 12th to do genetic engineering?
  14. Best colleges of genetic engineering in India after 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. How to join in genetic engineering branch after scoring 92% in aggregate? BEst colleges for genetic engineering in AP
  16. Is Mathematics compulsory for studying genetic engineering?
  17. Genetic engineering eligibility in Singapore after 12th?
  18. Institutes offering genetic engineering course in Kerala?
2nd January 2017, 04:38 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects to choose in 12th to get admission in genetic engineering?

To get admission in Genetic Engineering, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology subjects from a recognised board. Admissions in Genetic Engineering course are done through entrance examination conducted by your respective state entrance examinations board or university. By qualifying the entrance examination, based on your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get admission in first year of four years Genetic Engineering course.
2nd January 2017, 07:29 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects to choose in 12th to get admission in genetic engineering?

The basic eligibility criteria for a graduate degree is plus two equivalent examination with Biology, chemistry and mathematics as well as Genetics as a part of the biology of a bachelor's degree in Science on Molecular Biology. Most institutes do not offer courses in genetic engineering as a special discipline but as a subsidiary in biotechnology, microbiology, biochemistry streams. Selection to the graduate courses is based on the Merit that is the marks secured in the final exams of 12th and through entrance exams. Entrance to the IIT is through JEE and for other institutes through their own separate entrance exams and other state level and national level exams.
2nd January 2017, 10:10 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You have to choose PCMB stream for admission in genetic engineering course admission after passing class 12th. Maths and biology is very essential for it.

Admission will be based on the performance in the entrance exam and seats are allotted through counselling.
2nd January 2017, 11:17 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

In order to opt for the course of B.Tech/B.E in Genetic Engineering, you must opt Science stream in class 12th studying PCM in it.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th studying Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as a subject combination are eligible to opt for Genetic Engineering.
4th January 2017, 12:25 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You can opt for PCM at your +2 level of education in order to get admission in the above mentioned course from a recognized university. You will however have to appear for JEE(Main) entrance examination in order to get admission in the course mentioned above.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?