29th December 2015, 08:23 AM
Unregistered

What CGPA is required in class 9th and 10th to get PCM?

I want to take science stream in 11th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. So, i want to know how many cgpa i have to secure in class 9th and 10th for this?

29th December 2015, 02:01 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: What CGPA is required in class 9th and 10th to get PCM?

There is no further notifications by CBSE board on minimum CGPA required to get admission in different streams in class 11th.

So, you are eligible to get admission in any stream after passing the 10th board examination but still some of schools due to less seats in particular stream as compared to number of applicants put a minimum requirement to appear for entrance test to get admission.

So, you need to visit the school to get more details for admission procedure.
29th December 2015, 02:23 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You should have scored a minimum of 60% in your 10th boards in order to be eligible for admission in class 11 with Science stream, but remember that this is only a criteria and if you wish to get admission in reputed schools taking science than probably you should have scored a minimum of 80-85% in your 10th boards.

Therefore, try to score as well as possible to get into good schools or in the same school.
29th December 2015, 10:01 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Actually it depends upon the cut off of particular school.
Generally the last cutoff that goes for PCM is 7.4 and above otherwise it gets up and down also.

So, try to score more than 8 CGPA and above so that you can easily get the stream you in which you are interested.
29th December 2015, 10:28 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: What CGPA is required in class 9th and 10th to get PCM?

It totally depends on school to school, mostly schools have their entrance exam because admissions are provided in the month of april while cbse results will be declared in last week of may. Few schools provides admission on the basis of pre-board results of class 10th. In that case i would like to suggests you score maximum marks in pre-board exams or visit the school in which you wanna take admission in 11th class for their admission procedure and then prepare accordingly.
29th December 2015, 10:49 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To get admission in 11th standard Science stream (PCM), you must have completed your 10th standard from a recognised board. Candidates who have qualified 10th standard in all subjects with minimum aggregate marks of 40% marks are eligible to get admission in 11th standard Science stream (PCM). But, some schools keeps cut-off as 7 or 8 CGPA in 10th standard for offering admission in 11th standard and even some schools conducts an entrance examination and offers admission to merit candidates of the entrance examination.
30th December 2015, 12:05 AM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

The cut off for admission to class 11 varies for every school. But the minimum CGPA required by a candidate to avail admission for science stream is 6.8. Too avail admission in Kendriya vidyalaya the candidate should have secured C1 grade in science and mathematics and also the grade point must be a minimum of 6.0 CGPA.
22nd September 2016, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

Currently i am studying in 10th standard and have given my SA1
I got 8 cgpa on 9th.
Would i be able to get PCM...
PLEASE HELP
9th October 2016, 07:40 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Yes you can get PCM after 10th in class 11th but must clear 10th with good percentage because there will be tough competition from other students.If you want to take admission in same school then even if you score 60% will get admission.
4th February 2017, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

How much cgpa should I have in class10 so that I will have PCM physics chemistry maths
3rd March 2017, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

My 9th's cgpa is 8.2 but now in class 10 my frst term's total marks is C1 but i know i can score good marks in class 10's cgpa .. But i am not having a passing mark in maths so is there any chances of bio science (stream) ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?