25th August 2017, 01:39 AM
Unregistered

What to do after getting 7.8 CGPA in 10th?

I am too depressed after getting 7.8 CGPA in 10th board. I am very interested in science but I am not a hard worker. I am also interested in computer games, gadgets, repairing-reinventing electronic tools. So, can a school allow me to take science or me should go for science because, I am really not interested in commerce and if I will go for arts am sure to going to be topper in it because social is really too easy for me even I had scored well in it in board with 9 CGPA, but I will not satisfied with myself in arts and I will feel pressurize internally to myself and in science I will free from my satisfaction but I'll be tortured by my friends and teachers from their pressure of asking "why I took science with such a low CGPA and if someone will me about my CGPA in science than I sure It will really affect to my whole week". So, I am nervous, depressed, pressured, stressed. So, can anyone motivate me and figure out my problem and tell solution please.

25th August 2017, 10:02 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What to do after getting 7.8 CGPA in 10th?

From your question above one thing is clear to me is that you are not interested in Commerce discipline.
Let me inform you that 7.8 is a descent CGPA and a candidate scoring 7.8 CGPA is eligible to take all the three streams (Science,Commerce and Arts).
My first advise to you is don't listen to any one (friends, teacher and parents), think yourself and choose any stream as per your interest and goal, because you are the person who is going to do all the hard work to achieve the goal you have set, not your parents, friends, relatives and teachers going to do achieve that goal for you, they can only guide you.
So, if you are interested in Science then go for it, no one has right to tease or torture you.
25th August 2017, 12:51 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No need to get depressed if you are not able to understand whether you should opt for science or any other streams because your interest matters everywhere. Video interest and after that dream in which you find your interest because there you will secure good marks as well as you will able to develop your skills. Basically that stream would be beneficial for you and it can also helpful to make your future bright. As you said that you are interested in Science streams having knowledge of gadgets or computer then non medical stream you can opt for.
25th August 2017, 01:18 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am too depressed after getting 7.8 CGPA in 10th board. I am very interested in science but I am not a hard worker. I am also interested in computer games, gadgets, repairing-reinventing electronic tools. So, can a school allow me to take science or me should go for science because, I am really not interested in commerce and if I will go for arts am sure to going to be topper in it because social is really too easy for me even I had scored well in it in board with 9 CGPA, but I will not satisfied with myself in arts and I will feel pressurize internally to myself and in science I will free from my satisfaction but I'll be tortured by my friends and teachers from their pressure of asking "why I took science with such a low CGPA and if someone will me about my CGPA in science than I sure It will really affect to my whole week". So, I am nervous, depressed, pressured, stressed. So, can anyone motivate me and figure out my problem and tell solution please.

There are various groups available to study after 10th. Marks scored in the 10th is not going to affect any student career. They can study well in 10+2 and score good marks to pursue their career in the field of their interest. Students should choose the group based on his/her interest or they get help from their parents or teachers. The following groups are good to pursue after 10th;

Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM)
Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics
Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB)
Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science & Mathematics
Commerce, Accountancy, Mathematics and Economics (Commerce)
Computer Science, Geography, History and Economics
Statistics, Economics, Commerce and Accountancy
Geography, Economics, History and Political Science
25th August 2017, 06:08 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Just go with your interest and choose a field, which you are passionate about. If you are passionate about science, then 7.8 CGPA doesn't matter. You can make up for it by performing well in the class 12th board exams.

If you have doubt regarding science, then you shouldn't take it because science requires you to study long hours and only few people can manage it.
25th August 2017, 06:12 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Since, you have scored 7.8 CGPA in class 10th, you must opt for Science stream in class 11th as Science has lots of career opportunities which you can get if you opt Science stream.
Below I have mentioned the career opportunities after taking Science stream in class 12th, just go through it.

For those who have an interest in Biology and are looking forward to a career in Medical line can opt for course like:

MBBS or Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery.
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery).
BAMS or Bachelor of Ayurveda medicine and surgery.

For those who have an inclination towards Maths, Physics and Chemistry can get into Engineering line. These are as follows:

Mechanical Engineering
Civil Engineering
Aeronautical Engineering
Marine Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Computer Science Engineering
Bio-Medical, Information Technology
Marine Engineering etc.

You can also opt Forensic Science:

B.Sc in Forensic Sciences.
B.Sc in Life Science, Chemistry, Forensic Science.
Diploma in Forensic Science (Cyber Crimes).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?