14th July 2020, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

What does RT, RL, C, RW, ER, etc. abbreviations stand for in CBSE result?

Sir, I didn't understand the CBSE result of mine. I want to know what are RT, RL, C, RW, ER, etc.? What are these things? What are these abbreviations? This year's CBSE result is completely confusing. Please let me know.

15th July 2020, 03:20 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What does RT, RL, C, RW, ER, etc. abbreviations stand for in CBSE result?

RT stands for repeat theory. Students with RT against a subject need to appear for the theory paper of the examination during the compartment examinations.

RW stands for result withheld. This could be due to many reasons such as technical error, dispute on unfair means case. Clarity on the result of this object would be shared with the students through separate communication.

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]RL stands for results later and it could be due to coronavirus pandemic.

ER CBSE has removed fail and used ER which stands for essential reappear.

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]XXXX this stands for improvement.
16th July 2020, 02:38 AM
Subhishna

Default Re: What does RT, RL, C, RW, ER, etc. abbreviations stand for in CBSE result?

1) RT- Reappear Theory.
In CBSE 12th standard you have practical and theory exams where you need to gain 33% in each. If you do not get 33% in theory you are supposed to attend the theory exam again. This is what RT means. So in the result if RT is written along with a subject then you have to reappear for the theory like an improvement exam. But there is an exception that if you appear for 6 exams and passed in 5 and you have marked RT along with the remaining subject then it is not compulsory to reappear for the exam.
2)RL- Results Later
In this situation of pandemic so exams were not conducted but evaluation was based on some rules proposed by the government. some evaluation couldn't be conducted on the basis of that criteria. So results of that papers will be announced later.
3)C- Compartment
Students without minimum percentage to pass(33%) have to aappear for the compartment exam which will be held by CBSE later.
RW- Results Withheld
If your result is marked as RW it is because your marks are not published based on some important reasons. you can solve it directly by contacting your school and then CBSE.
ER- Essential Reappear
This term can be considered as a substitute for 'fail'. Students with ER in there results have to reappear for the CBSE board examination next year for all the subjects.
FT- Failed in Theory
UFM- Unfair means
SJD- Subjudice(under judgement)
QUAL- Eligible for Qualifying Certificate
EIOP- Eligible for Improvement of Performance
NIOP- Not Eligible for Improvement of Performance
XXXX- Upgradation of Performance/Additional subject (This is for those students who wrote 6 exams and passed in all the 5 but didn't get 33% for the 6th one. They can either attend a compartment exam or not.
4th June 2023, 07:28 AM
Unregistered

I Need Help please Help me ..: I am one student of Cbse Board my Result was so Bbad which is I didn't score on My One Main subject which is Economics And Cbse gave Me Ramarks ( RT ) Repeat Theory But I passed with My Additional subject which is Information Technology so In My Future Any problem if I didn't give any Compartment exam or improvement exam or Compartment exam compulsory for me ? Or any problem for Addmission in College for BBA course ? Please Help me %uD83D%uDE4F
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?