22nd December 2013, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

Whether 12th class passed student from NIOS board is eligible for any course in Merchant Navy?

Sir, I am giving my 12th class from NIOS board. Are NIOS students eligible for any course in merchant navy and for admission in any top university or college? And is there any diffrence between On Demand exams and regular exams in NIOS? Do they have same value?

23rd December 2013, 06:00 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Whether 12th class passed student from NIOS board is eligible for any course in Merchant Navy?

(Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) can also join as the Deck Cadets. Navigating Officers. You need to possess the Certificate of Competency, as per the regulations in India relating to the examinations of Masters and Mates. It is cconducted by the Ministry of Surface Transport, in association with the Directorate General of Shipping (DGS) Mumbai.

Difference between On Demand exams and regular exams in NIOS
National Institute of Open Schooling has the option for On-Demand Examination (ODE) at Secondary Level. It gives flexibility to the open and distance learning system as it makes the examination independent of the time frame. It allows the student to take up the examinations as per their wish and preparation. On the other hand, regular examination are held as per the institution’s fixed annual itinerary.
27th January 2014, 10:08 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Whether 12th class passed student from NIOS board is eligible for any course in Merchant Navy?

Whether BA TOURISUM STUDY passed student from NIOS board is eligible for GOVERNMENT JOBS.?
30th January 2014, 02:34 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Across India, CBSE and ICSE schools have good standards academic wise. There is a variety of subjects and various combinations of subjects available for the students to pick from. CBSE syllabus is far easier than the ICSE. The CBSE syllabus is more focused on Science and Maths and it will be helpful in the competitive examinations. You may have strong reasons that you decided to change the board in school. NIOS barred from appearing the competitive examinations. Do not take any decision in haste as NIOS may grant you the time frame to study.
11th March 2014, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

sir, i m student of nios board in class12th medical student i want to ask that is i m eligible for AIIMS, PMT competitive exam and what is the maximum age limit to give AIIMS exam because my age is 23 now.
31st March 2014, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

can I join b.sc with computer science in regular collage after passing 12 from nios
7th August 2014, 03:37 PM
hitlu

Sir I am 12th pass from NIOS.,...
Can I apply Indian navy nursing assist...
22nd March 2015, 10:27 AM
baggu helper
Member+

Yes, you are eligible for any course in Merchant Navy. But there is an eligibility criteria that you must follow this.

#You must have completed 12th from a recognised board
#You must have pcm as compulsory subjects
#You must score minimum of 55% in pcm
22nd August 2015, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

Sir I am 12th passed nios student and I want to in merchant navy in 12th my subjects are biology,physics,homesicence. Can I join in merchant navy or in any other streams.
28th January 2017, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am keen to know if I am eligible to study Engineering, if I had finished my 12th from NIOS?
9th April 2018, 06:36 AM
Unregistered

I am appearing for Regular exams in April 2018 for 12th Senior Secondary Commerce under NIOS. Please name the best colleges in India where I can get admission for further studies. I wish to do MBA.
21st May 2019, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have join pcb in 12th class in school and i have a nios maths certificate can i join merchant navy
19th July 2019, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

I am nios 12th passed student. Can I fill the form of btech or air Force.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?