29th June 2019, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

Whether Chemistry is important to study for becoming an Engineer?

Hello everyone, I am from Maharashtra Board and studying in 11th standard. I am very weak in Chemistry. But my Physics and Mathematics are strong. I want to become an Engineer in the future. So, I have to strengthen my Chemistry for this? Is Chemistry so important?

1st July 2019, 05:04 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether Chemistry is important to study for becoming an Engineer?

Yes, there will be questions related to Chemistry as well as Physics and Maths for admission in the engineering degree course. Hence, you must study class 12th with PCM stream if you are looking for B.Tech admission.

If you are weak in Chemistry, then you should focus on your strong points in the subject and try to score well in it. There are some sections in every subject which you will find easier to understand. Just focus on your strong points.
2nd July 2019, 06:19 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether Chemistry is important to study for becoming an Engineer?

As far as the eligibility for becoming an engineer is concerned, Chemistry is compulsory as a main subject at Class 12th level along with Mathematics and Physics.

But, once you get over your Class 12th, the need of Chemistry in your degree course in engineering depends upon the discipline you have opted for your degree course in engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?