7th November 2016, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

Will I be considered as a local candidate under JEE Main norms if appeared in 12th from Kolkata, but did 10th and 6th from Lucknow and Mumbai respectively?

I have studied class 1st to class 6th in Mumbai then from class 6th to class 10th in Lucknow and class 11th and 12th in Kolkata, but all of them from CBSE Board. Will I be local candidate in applying JEE Main from Kolkata?

Related Questions:
  1. Should I be considered as a local candidate or non candidate under AU region?
  2. Possibility to appear in JEE Main for a candidate who hasn't appeared in Board exam?
  3. Possibility to apply in JEE Main & Advanced for a candidate who has appear JEE Main twice?
  4. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main at the age of 16 years old being an OBC candidate?
  5. Number of permissible attempts for JEE Main and Advance?
  6. Cutoff marks required in JEE Advanced to study B.Tech in IIT-Mumbai?
  7. By joining local engineering college and giving JEE 2016 can I apply for NITs?
  8. Can I appear in JEE Advanced this year if appeared in JEE Main last year?
  9. Will I be considered Local or Non-Local in eamcet? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Is Narayana Institute, Hyderabad beneficial for JEE Main preparation? Can I face the competition if I have not prepare for it at 6th standard
  11. Am I considered as NRI to appear in JEE Main if studied up to 10th from Sri Lanka and 12th from Tamilnadu? Procedure to get admission through JEE Main?
  12. One who qualifies the JEE Main 2016 can appear in JEE Main 2017?
  13. Possible rank in JEE Main if get 200 marks being a general candidate? -- [New]
  14. Can I give JEE Main next year if appear in Maths compartmental?
  15. Whether percentage of 12th is considered along with scores of JEE Main to study B.Tech in NIT for SC candidate?
  16. Is it beneficial to prepare one year for JEE Main after 12th? How many hours should I study in a day?
  17. Can I get admission in IIT to study B.Tech after completing 12th NIOS?
  18. Will I be considered local or non local if done 10th in Bahrain and +2 in Hyderabad?
8th November 2016, 08:35 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be considered as a local candidate under JEE Main norms if appeared in 12th from Kolkata, but did 10th and 6th from Lucknow and Mumbai respectively?

Look, there is no such scheme of being a local candidate in JEE examination.
According to my knowledge it is an All India level examination, if you register yourself for the above said examination under general rules, you will be considered as a general candidate.
9th November 2016, 12:27 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be considered as a local candidate under JEE Main norms if appeared in 12th from Kolkata, but did 10th and 6th from Lucknow and Mumbai respectively?

Yes, you can very much appear for JEE(Main) examination from Kolkata, there is no such problem in it. You will be very much able to appear for the examination, so you need not worry about it and just prepare for your examination.
9th November 2016, 10:07 AM
Khurit
Senior Member+

You can apply for the JEE main exam from that city where you are right now & obviously you will be considered as local only. It does not matter from where you have completed your study, but should be from valid board & must fulfil all the eligibility criteria before applying.
9th November 2016, 09:17 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

The candidates are considered as local not on the basis of from which city you pursued your course but it depends upon your original domicile.

So, even though you have pursue 12th from Kolkata and having domicile of different state you will not be considred as local for Kolkata.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?