21st March 2011, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for PSUs? Eligibility criteria and paper pattern?

wanted to knw how to get along for the preparation of psu? what is d eligibility criterion?whats d paper pattern infact wanna know each and every basic detail related to psu examination.?

21st March 2011, 08:13 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for PSUs? Eligibility criteria and paper pattern?

HI,,
psu stands for public sector companies,
to be eligible for these companies you should be an graduate or in the final year of your graduation,
you should have an average of 60% in your engineering graduation ,
the preparation of these exams can be done on the lines of the gate exam as there is no major difference between the two exams,
also you should have some basic knowledge of general studies , generally in these exams you should have an good speed because the questions are more and the time is less so speed matters a lot in these exams,
the made easy academy is the best institute for taking coaching for these exams ,
some of the companies which conduct there own exams are
ONGC
BHEL
GAIL
SAIL
HPCL
JINDAL
NTPC
22nd March 2011, 08:15 PM
kguru.ece

For PSU exam u should have minimum 65% marks in your Engineering carrier.....!!!!
28th June 2011, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

I have average 64.8% in B.Tech. but the Eligibility criteria for some of PSU exams is 65% .so can i apply for the same?
16th June 2012, 10:04 PM
smr_psus

hello friends!!

As per my experience with PSUs examinations, knowledge doesn’t matters but the practice of the trendy questions. I am sure when you will attempt several PSUs exams you will become familiar with those sections and type of questions they ask. Actually there are some standard books that you should go through and do the practice of it’s questions as much you can do. Like I am from ME background and believe me I have referred only “PSUs Mechanical Engineering” by Made Easy apart from that I gone through the basics from some standard books that’s it . But before any examination I just go through that book it’s sufficient for me to revise before examination. So look for such a book and start preparing.
I my self got disqualified in ISRO and NTPC exams last time as the order of examinations were, ISRO->NTPC->NPCIL->BARC->SAMEER->BHEL. I got selected in last four exams. So once you get a flavor of those questions you will be able to qualify several exams.

for further details about PSUs exams written and interview experience please visit:
www.pjbindass.com
you can contact me on:
[email protected]

Wish you all the best for exams and other future horizons!!
10th August 2012, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

i am from electrical branch(3 year).how should i go through from starting and suggest the book from which i start my preparation.please guide me
3rd July 2013, 09:51 AM
Unregistered

Can any one suggests book for psu exam & gate exam....???
3rd July 2013, 09:54 AM
Rishabh Chandrakaroo

Can any body suggests me book for gate & psu....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?