1st January 2013, 07:37 AM
Unregistered

Is there any need for the entrance exam for marine engineering?

is there any need for the entrance exam for the marine engineering?

Related Questions:
  1. How may I join marine engineering after passing class 12th? Which entrance exam do I need to clear for it?
  2. Am I eligible for Marine Engineering after scoring 65% in 12th? Fee structure for Marine Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. After scoring 67% in 12th am I eligible to do Marine Engineering? Fee structure of this course?
  4. Am I able to do Marine Engineering after 12th with 65%?
  5. Complete details about Marine engineering course
  6. Entrance exams to get admission in Marine Engineering(B.Tech.)?
  7. How can I get admission in Marine government college after passing B.Tech in mechanical Engineering? Which entrance exams are conducted for that?
  8. Will I be able to join marine engineering with 65% in 12th? What is the fee structure?
  9. Marine engineering after completing BE EE engineering? How to get seats and prepare for entrance exam?
  10. Marine engineering undergraduate qualification requirements
  11. What is marine engineering? Information about the entrance exam?
  12. What should be my first step to join marine engineering?
  13. Can I get a chance to do marine engineering in government college? Best private college of marine engineering?
  14. Is it possible to get into Marine Engineering after BCS(Computer Science)? Forms to be filled to get into Marine Engineering?
  15. How to apply for Marine Engineering course in LBS Marine & Research institute in Mumbai?
  16. How to take admission in Merchant Navy after passing 12th?
  17. Can I do Post Graduation in Marine Engineering after BE E&TC? Duration of course? -- [New]
  18. Is the admission to all engineering college through JEE mains? I am interested in marine engineering
15th June 2016, 12:01 AM
sah.alok932

Default Re: Is there any need for the entrance exam for marine engineering?

There is a entrance exam for marine engineering , marine engineering is a engineering course and for every engineering course there is a entrance exam, but in order to join merchant navy there are some courses also which does not require any entrance exam for admission.

Marine engineering is a course for joining merchant navy after completing four year course of marine engineering, it is a engineering degree and for admission it requires rank card of a entrance exam. But apart from that there is another course where there is no need of entrance and admissions are done on the basis of marks scored in graduation.

B.SC in nautical science is a course of three year, a bachelor degree course for merchant navy , admissions are done on the basis of marks scored in graduation, those who have studied physics, chemistry and mathematics in intermediate and have scored minimum 60% marks altogether can apply for nautical science. Physical fitness is required,course fees is around 8 lakhs for three years.

Apart from thee there is one another engineering course for merchant navy, mechanical engineering is also a qualification by through which one can join merchant navy, but as mechanical engineering is a engineering course, here also it is mandatory to first clear a entrance exam before getting admission in mechanical engineering. Only nautical science is a course for joining merchant navy without giving any entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?