24th March 2011, 08:57 PM
Divya Chowdhary

Where can I do internship in Bioinformatics? I am a 3rd year UG student in Biology Sciences and Bio-engineering in IIT Kanpur

I am a third year undergraduate(B. Tech.) in Biological Sciences and BIoengineering at IIT Kanpur. I am searching for an internship in Bioinformatics where I can work online, being at my place. Please guide me. Thanks a lot

Related Questions:
  1. Companies offering Internship to B.Tech(Ceramic Engineering) 3rd year student of IIT-Kanpur?
  2. How to do internship training in IIT Kanpur? I am a B.Tech 3rd year student from MPEC Kanpur -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Procedure of summer internship in IIT Kanpur being a 3rd year B.Tech student in Mechanical engineering of MNNIT Allahabad? -- [New]
  4. Does IIT-Kanpur offers Winter Internship to B.E.(Electrical Engineering) 7th semester student?
  5. Is it possible to get some research internship in IIT's?
  6. Internship for Chemical student of IIT Kanpur during winter vacations?
  7. Is it better to do internship during my 3rd year of engineering or take a break after 3rd year course?
  8. List of companies offering Winter Internship for B.Tech(IT) final year student? Procedure to apply for Internship in IIT, Kanpur?
  9. Procedure to do Internship for B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 3rd year student? Do I have to pay fee for Internship?
  10. Detailed procedure to apply for Internship in IIT for B.Tech 3rd year student?
  11. What are the various study options available to study abroad for bioinformatics and biotechnology?
  12. Summer internship for B.Tech Electrical from IIT K?
  13. Summer Internship for B.Tech(Chemical Engineering) 3rd year student in IIT-Delhi?
  14. Does any company provide summer internship for Bio-medical engineering students?
  15. Internship in L&T and Tata Motors for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 3rd year student?
  16. Detailed information about Internship in NIT and IIT for B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) 3rd year student?
  17. How to do summer internship? I am a 3rd year B.Tech IIT Bombay student
  18. Engineering internship in 3rd year at L&T?
2nd January 2012, 09:50 AM
chitralekha rana

Smile Re: Where can I do internship in Bioinformatics? I am a 3rd year UG student in Biology Sciences and Bio-engineering in IIT Kanpur

Hello divya
Its quite not possible because you need to go for practical work under the guidance of professors and other masters of bioinformatics.So you better try for the practical approach in DBT,delhi.Its the department of biotechnology where you can learn many applications and real work in bioinformatics.Even you can try out for the DLI bangalore for the training purpose because you will get a certificate for that training program which will be beneficial during your placement time.
Have a nica day.
Take care
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?