20th April 2013, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

After finishing 12th can I apply for IPS entrance exam?

After finish our 12th we can apply for the ips exam? After 12th how many years we want study to complete our ips?

21st April 2013, 01:30 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After finishing 12th can I apply for IPS entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After finish our 12th we can apply for the ips exam? After 12th how many years we want study to complete our ips?

No , After completion of 12th standard you are not applicable for IPS exam .Because the minimum educational qualification required for IPS exam is Bachelor degree .

IPS stands for Indian Police service.

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through Civil Service Exam .

Final year student are applicable for IPS Exam.There is not require any percentage marks in graduation degree .

The Candidate age should be in between 21 years to 30 years . Age Relaxation for OBC candidate is 3 years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.Also you must be citizen of India.

IPS exam is consist of 3 process - Preliminary Exam . Mains Exam and Personal Interview .

So first complete your graduation degree then you can apply here .

For more details of IPS Exam , You can visit to http://www.upsc.gov.in
10th May 2013, 08:23 AM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

To become IPS officer you need to complete your studies i.e. after 12th, complete Graduation from a recognized university.
After that you can apply for this exam.
Minimum qualification required to appear for IPS exams is Graduation from a recognized university.

IPS exams are conducted by UPSC every year.
CIVIL SERVICES exams are conducted by UPSC every year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
Educational Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university

Age limit: 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs.

For complete details go to http://www.upsc.gov.in
16th May 2013, 07:57 AM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend you are not eigibile to apply IPS exam after finishing 12th class.
Minimum qualification to apply IPS exam is Graduation from a recognized University.

IPS stand for Indian Police Service and this exam is conducted by UPSC through Civil Service exam .

Eligbility Criteria for IPS exam:-

Candidate must have to pass Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognized University. Final year student are applicable for IPS exam.

Age limit is 21 to 30 years for General category candidates.
3 years age relaxation for OBC category candidates and
5 years age relaxation for SC/ST category candidates.

Candidate should be an Indian.

Dear friend if you think to apply IPS exam so first you complet your Graduation degree.
After completed your Graduation degree you are eligibile to apply IPS exam.

For more information please visit- http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.......
6th August 2013, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

My name is johnchris marak and i'm form meghalaya dear sir i want to ask that after passing 12 can i write IPS EXAM
7th August 2013, 09:34 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

No, after finishing 12th you are not eligible to apply for IPS as the minimum academic qualification for IPS is Graduation Degree.

IPS - Indian Police Service and to become an IPS officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year after Graduation Degree.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good Physical Fitness, can apply for IPS, Civil Service Exam.

So after finishing 12th you should first complete Graduation Degree in order to apply for PS, Civil Service Exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
7th August 2013, 08:59 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Hai friend
No,you cannot apply for IPS exam immediately after completion of 12th standard.The minimum educational qualification required to appear for IPS exam is completion of the graduation from any recognized university.The IPS exam is conducted by UPSC every year.

**Eligibility Criteria :

-->You must have completed graduation from a recognized university.

-->Final year students are eligible
for IPS exam.

-->Your age limit should be between 21 years to 30 years .

-->Age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candidate is 5years.

-->You must be citizen of India.

And the IPS exam consists of 3 stages:
1.Preliminary Exam
2.Mains Exam
3.Personal Interview .

**No of Attempts :
-->General -4
-->OBC -7
-->SC/ST-Unlimited

Thank You
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?