22nd January 2012, 01:23 AM
pushpendra985

Is IPS exam held every year? Can I apply for IPS if I am a police constable?

does ips exam taken every year? n if i m police constable may i apply for ips! q o

22nd January 2012, 12:20 PM
OLIVE777

Default Re: Is IPS exam held every year? Can I apply for IPS if I am a police constable?

to apply for IPS one should possess degree from recognised university. it is conducted every year by upsc, under civil services. notification will be released every year in the month of march.
22nd January 2012, 01:07 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is IPS exam held every year? Can I apply for IPS if I am a police constable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushpendra985 View Post
does ips exam taken every year? n if i m police constable may i apply for ips! q o
Yes, Civil services examination is Held every year to those who are Interested to become IAS/IPS Officer.

IPS Stands for Indian Police Services and to become IPS Officer you have to cracked the UPSC Civil services examination.

To apply for this examination you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognised University, Final year appearing candidates are also apply for this examination.

For this your age should between 21 to 30 Years, If you ave completed your Graduate degree course then you are eligible to apply for this examination.

The Notification of this year Civil services examination will be published on 04/Feb/2012.

The last date of apply for this examination 05/March/2012

Preliminary Examination Date : 20/May/2012.

UPSC has changed the pattern of the Exam from 2012 and has replaced the existing Preliminary Examination with a Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT), which will be a common Test for all candidates.

Those who cracked this examination are eligible to appear for Main examination. There are 2 papers in Preliminary examination. In Main examination there are 9 papers and you have to choose the subjects in main examination on the basis of Graduation.

So, please start preparing for this examination as per the syllabus and if you need more information then check official website :

http://upsc.gov.in
22nd January 2012, 02:12 PM
Sharma sujeet

Yes, Civil services examination is Held every year to those who are Interested to become IAS/IPS Officer.
IPS Stands for Indian Police Services and to become IPS Officer you have tocracked the UPSC Civil services examination.
To apply for this examination you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognised University, Final year appearing candidates are also apply for this examination.
For this your age should between 21 to 30 Years, If you ave completed your Graduate degree course then you are eligible to apply for this examination.
The Notification of this year Civil services examination will be published on 04/Feb/2012.
UPSC has changed the pattern of the Exam from 2012 and has replaced the existing Preliminary Examination with a Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT), which will be a common Test for all candidates.
Those who cracked this examination are eligible to appear for Main examination. There are 2 papers in Preliminary examination. In Main examination there are 9 papers and you have to choose the subjects in main examination on the basis of Graduation.
So, please start preparing for this examination as per the syllabus and ifyou need more information then check official website :
22nd January 2012, 02:25 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
To appear in IPS exam you have to fulfill some eligibility criteria first..

Eligibility criteria for IPS exam:-

1.Candidate has to complete the graduation in any trade.

2.Candidate should not have any pending backlogs during graduation.

3.Final year candidates can also apply for IPS exam.

4.Age should be in between 21-30 years. For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.

5.Candidate should be a citizen of India.

6.Candidate must be physically fit.

These are eligibility criteria you have to fulfill.

So, if you have done your graduation course then you can surely apply for IPS exam..

All the best.
22nd January 2012, 05:48 PM
prashant more

Cool Re: Is IPS exam held every year? Can I apply for IPS if I am a police constable?

IPS Stands for Indian Police Services and to become IPS Officer you have to cracked the UPSC Civil services examination.

So, please start preparing for this examination as per the syllabus and if you need more information then check official website :

22nd January 2012, 06:16 PM
rvidyasagar

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushpendra985 View Post
IPS is part of the Civil Services Exam. Graduation in any discipline is sufficient to appear in the Civil Services Exam. You should also meet other eligibility conditions like age, nationality, etc.

A police constable can very well appear for the IPS Exam.

All the best.
22nd January 2012, 06:33 PM
rajesh9503
Member+

Yes, you can give the Indian police service(IPS).
And these exam helds in every year
1.the conditions for these civil service exam is the complition of graduation in any stream.
2.and age should be given to 28 for freshers.
29th February 2012, 03:04 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

IPS Stands for Indian Police Services and to become IPS Officer you have to cracked the UPSC Civil services examination.To apply for this examination you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognised University, Final year appearing candidates are also apply for this examination.For this your age should between 21 to 30 Years, If you ave completed your Graduate degree course then you are eligible to apply for this examination.The Notification of this year Civil services examination will be published on 04/Feb/2012.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?