21st June 2013, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

Which books should I refer to prepare for IIT JAM in Geophysics?

I want to prepare for iit jam in geophysics,so which book i should go for preparation?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for IIT-JAM(Geology/Geophysics) if having Physics in 3rd & 4th semesters of B.Sc(Geology)? Books for preparation of this exam? Which one has better scope between Geology and Geophysics?
  2. Is there a correspondence course for IIT JAM in Applied Geophysics? Which books to refer for it?
  3. Eligibility to appear in IIT-JAM(MCA) for BCA(IGNOU) 3rd year student who have secured 58% in 12th and 56% in 10th? Do I have to face interview in IIT-JAM? Syllabus and books for preparation of IIT-JAM(MCA)? -- [New]
  4. Books to refer for problems and theory separately for M.A paper of IIT JAM?
  5. List of books and their writers for preparation of IIT JAM exam for M.Tech in Geophysics?
  6. Which books are best for IIT JAM Geology? How to prepare for the same?
  7. How to prepare for the entrance exam of IIT JAM for statistics? Books to be referred?
  8. Which books to refer for IIT JAM exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Which books should I follow for IIT JAM exam for MCA? Can I get admission in any IITs in India if I am able qualify for IIT JAM? From where to get the forms? Is private tuition necessary?
  10. How to prepare for IIT JAM? I am in BSc 3rd year
  11. How to prepare for IIT-JAM Exam? Previous year Question Papers to prepare for this Exam to join MCA course?
  12. Am I eligible for IIT JAM Geophysics after completing graduation with PMC group with 64.4% marks
  13. Am I eligible for IIT JAM Geophysics? I have completed BSc with PMC group with 64.4% marks
  14. How should I prepare for IIT JAM in Physics?
  15. Books to be referred for IIT JAM exam?
  16. Guidance and suitable books for the preparation of IIT-JAM?
  17. How to prepare for IIT JAM Physics? Books which are to be referred
  18. To prepare for IIT JAM Maths exam which books to be referred?

21st July 2014, 09:43 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Which books should I refer to prepare for IIT JAM in Geophysics?

The questions in IIT-JAM will be degree level and therefore, you will have objective and descriptive questions. Keep your concepts clear thoroughly and study 1-2 reference books for each subject. You need to score atleast 55 per cent aggregate marks in all subjects incase of General/OBC category candidates. In case of SC/ST/PD category, candidates need to score 50 per cent aggregate marks. Indian Institutes of Technology conducts a Joint Admission test for M.Sc admission. You will get more details at http://gate.iitk.ac.in/jam. IIT JAM comprises eight subjects of Mathematical Statistics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Geophysics, Geology, Physics, Biotechnology, and Computer Applications.You can also fill the forms offline from designated bank branches of Canara bank on cash payment or from GATE-JAM Office, IIT Delhi.
The IIT JAM Geophysics Paper is a three hour paper. It has a total of 300 marks and total number of questions in the paper is 44 including subjective and objective. Reference book for Geophysics is
IIT JAM hysics & geophysics (Solved previous year test papers & mock tests) by
Vishal Deoarshi.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?