23rd January 2014, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

Which test I should clear for pursuing PhD from USA, Germany and England like countries? Cost of GRE and TOEFL?

hai sir this is gopal form andhra university. I will complete my msc chemistry by a2014. i want do phd programme in usa,germany, england......like countries.which test i have to clear? is it some bank balance is required to go to abroad?if yes how much it is? i heard that 10000 is the application cost for gre and toefl.how much true it is? what is gre and toefl? give me complete idea about to study in usa.

24th January 2014, 05:30 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which test I should clear for pursuing PhD from USA, Germany and England like countries? Cost of GRE and TOEFL?

It is good to see you aspire for higher studies especially course like PhD and that too in abroad. This will definitely be a milestone in your career and help you to achieve better job opportunities and rise to great height in your career. You can definitely pursue PhD programme in countries like USA, Germany and England. You need to appear for entrance exams based on which the universities usually take admission and along with that you need to have a good statement of purpose for the concerned university.

The entrance exams in which you need to appear are as follows :-
-GRE or Graduate Record Examination having quantitative aptitude, verbal ability and writing skills.
-TOEFL or Test of English as a Foreign Language comprising questions of English Language

The cost of GRE is $185 and cost of TOEFL is $165.
There is no requirement of bank balance as such. Even if you have a bank statement which states about your financial stability or financial assurance from bank, you can clear the VISA interview and go for study abroad.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?