22nd May 2010, 05:30 PM
aswathy ms

Mtech in aerospace engineering after btech in electrical engineering?

sir,
is it ok if i do my btech in electrical engineering and mtech in aerospace engineering?will i face any academic difficulties?or any other problems?

22nd May 2010, 11:28 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Mtech in aerospace engineering after btech in electrical engineering?

there is no problem in eligibility of course you are eligible and when it comes to academic difficulties you can check the syllbus of the course at
http://www.ae.iitkgp.ernet.in/html.php?path=433
and then you can decide if you can go for it or not
23rd May 2010, 05:40 PM
bond007
Senior Member++

Default Re: Mtech in aerospace engineering after btech in electrical engineering?

yes you will face some difficulty in doing mtech in aerospace engineering as you will be studying whole new concepts in this course..........

just go for the mtech in electrical engineering as this will be easy for you..........

still choice is your if you feel that you can do it then go for it......

all the best
5th June 2010, 07:52 PM
BALWINDER SINGH

I think that you have to go for the course that is with you in the btech because if you join mtech aerospace there is difficulty due the new subjects..........
All the best.....
29th June 2010, 08:25 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

I regret that you can't go for M.Tech in aerospace engineering, as you have done your B.Tech in electrical engg.
Because the eligibility for this course is B.E/B.Tech in Aerospace engg, Mechanical engg, Civil engg and Naval architecture.

Good luck.
11th July 2010, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

Want to do research in space ... I have done b.tech in information technology .... what should I do ?? Can I go to the field of deep space network ?? or remote sensing and GIS ??
22nd July 2010, 04:33 PM
Unregistered

hello
14th August 2010, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

can i study m.tech aerospace engg after b.tech civil engg?
6th September 2010, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

i am persuing my B.E. in electrical & electronics branch. what are the subjects are in M.Tec related to my branch.
14th September 2010, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

I have done my B.E in electrical eng. I want to go for M.Tech in aerospace eng. Which gate paper i need to take? Electrical or aerospace?
18th September 2010, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

i am a final yr student of electronics & telecommunication.is there any source to do m.tech in aircraft maintainance engineering.
1st October 2010, 01:08 AM
Unregistered

A)I HAVE SECURED 1)80% in 10th board,
2)43% in 12thscien , b)currently continuing B-tech in electricalengineering from B.P.U.T , 3rd semestar.

My quistion is,what are the oppertunities for me that can stable my future?
submitted by-RAKESH MOHAPATRA,
KMBB COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY,ODISHA
25th October 2010, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

I complite M.Sc.in Mathematics and score gate.can I go for M.Tech
31st October 2010, 02:46 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

definitely you can do Mtech in aerospace engineering after btech in electrical engineering.

but to do Mtech in aerospace engineering after btech in electrical engineering you have to qualify exam which is gate exam.

all the best...........
1st November 2010, 12:39 AM
babydoll

Hi!
I think you get some difficulties for applying the M.Tech in aerospace engineering after B.Tech in electrical engineering.
But somehow you are eligible for this course as you are completing the engineering.
The M.Tech in aerospace engineering includes the subjects like Astro physics, Aerodynamics and many other space related subjects.
Good luck!!!
1st November 2010, 04:51 PM
amit04051988
Senior Member+

hello friend

there is no problem in doing mtech in aerospace after doing btech in electrical.but remember this to are complete different fields.You have to adjust with that.
if you are really interested in aerospace then go for it otherwise will be in big trouble.

best of luck
2nd November 2010, 11:16 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

if you want to study aerospace engineering in M.Tech then why you want to go for electrical engineering? directly you may go for aeronautical engineering. it will also help you for further study of M.Tech.

mechanical engineering student and civil engineering students are also eligible to do M.tech in aerospace. but electrical engineering students are not eligible.

best wishes.
2nd November 2010, 12:25 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Hello,
To take admission in the Aerospace M.E./M.Tech programmes the candidates should have B.E. or B.Tech degrees in Aerospace / Chemical / Civil / Electrical / Electronics / Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science.
But Each and every institute have different criteria for the same program.

It can be done after getting qualified in the concerned paper in GATE,so that you can get admission in some good college.

I will be much better if you pursue your B.Tech in either Mechanical/Aerospace,it will helpful to you in your M.Tech.
2nd November 2010, 08:44 PM
rohi9t

no it is posssible you doesnot have to face any difficulty in academics
12th November 2010, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

i am pursuing m.tech ..and i would like to do ph.d in iit's ..so what type of entrance test i ned to write ........can u plz reply to my mail id...plz plz plz ( [email protected])
12th November 2010, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

Mtech in aerospace engineering after btech in electrical engineering?
24th December 2010, 10:47 PM
iskita mohanty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
A)I HAVE SECURED 1)80% in 10th board,
2)43% in 12thscien , b)currently continuing B-tech in electricalengineering from B.P.U.T , 3rd semestar.

My quistion is,what are the oppertunities for me that can stable my future?
submitted by-RAKESH MOHAPATRA,
KMBB COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY,ODISHA
Hi,
This is nice that you are carrier concern now. Any way U have 3 option
1.Join IT by campus sel or by special crash course.
2.Do Mtech/research associate/lect ship
3.Do MBA
19th April 2011, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

can i do aeronautical engineering after doing B.E. in civil engineering?
27th June 2011, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

sir i want to do m.tech in aerospace and and i m pursuing my B.E. in electrical engg.can u suggest me college or universities in usa and germany and admission criteria.,entrance exam.and scholarship etc.
28th June 2011, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

i can do aerospace engineering after bsc physics?
28th June 2011, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

i can do aerospace engineering after bsc physics?
30th June 2011, 11:43 PM
swastik08

hi dear,
To take admission in the Aerospace M.E./M.Tech programmes the candidates should have B.E. or B.Tech degrees in Aerospace / Chemical / Civil / Electrical / Electronics / Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science.

It can be done after getting qualified in the concerned paper in GATE,so that you can get admission in some good college.

I will be much better if you pursue your B.Tech in either Mechanical/Aerospace,it will helpful to you in your M.Tech.

thanks
30th June 2011, 11:44 PM
swastik08

hi dear,

thanks
14th July 2011, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

can i study mtech in aeronautical after completing btech in production engineering?
25th July 2011, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

sir
i want to do mechanical engineering at b tech level and aircraft maintainance engineering during m tech is thid a good choice /
28th July 2011, 12:45 AM
Unregistered

i am electronics engineer. i want to do ms in aerospace engineering.....in germany..is it possible?
10th August 2011, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

for doing mtech in aerospace engineering after btech in electrical engineering ,which GATE exam would i have to doi.e. gate of elect. engg.or aerospace engg.
16th August 2011, 12:10 AM
Unregistered

mtech in nanotechnogy after btech in electrical and electronics
9th September 2011, 01:19 AM
Unregistered

can i do mtech in aerospace engineering after btech in environmental engineering?
9th September 2011, 01:20 AM
Unregistered

can i do mtech in aerospace engineering after doing btech in environmental engineering?
9th September 2011, 01:25 AM
baryons

can i do mtech in aerospace engineering after doing btech in environmental engineering?
17th September 2011, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

Can i do mtech in aerospace engineering??iam doing btech in electronics and communication engineering..it wouldnt be a tough task right?do reply me
14th October 2011, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

what is the scope of m.tech in power electronics after b.tech in electrical
15th October 2011, 12:26 AM
imcool.force

Hi dear,

Thanks
28th November 2011, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

can i do mtech in aeronautics after btech in information technology??????
29th November 2011, 07:56 PM
co-rocks

yes you will face some difficulty in doing mtech in aerospace engineering as you will be studying whole new concepts in this course.

just go for the mtech in electrical engineering as this will be easy for you.

still choice is your if you feel that you can do it then go for it.

THANKS
9th March 2012, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

I WAS DOING MY B.TECH IN ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS BRANCH.I WANT TO DO MY MS IN ASTROPHYSICS .HOW ,I HAVE TO PREPARE FOR IT?IS IT POSSIBLE FOR ME TO DO SO?WHAT SHOULD I FOLLOW?PLZ GUIDE ME ANYONE?
YOUR REPLY MUST PLZ SEND TO "[email protected] .plz
5th July 2012, 01:48 AM
Unregistered

sir ,i m doing b.tech eee 4th year and i want 2 do m.tech which branch is good for getting jobs in easy way
10th July 2012, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

can i do mtech in biomedical instrumentation after btech in electrical engineering...???
11th July 2012, 09:25 AM
Unregistered

I am doing btech electrical and electronics engeering.I want to know higher study options and job opportunities in this discilipline
23rd August 2012, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

is it good to do ms after completing BE in civil
1st November 2012, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

in which university eletrical engineering students go to mtech in aerospaceengineering in india?
28th October 2017, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

Sir now iam studying in final year electronic & communication branch. Is there possibility to pursue M.Tech in aeronautics? Can i face difficulties in sudden change of branch? And what are the choices in aeronautics
30th March 2020, 12:12 AM
Unregistered

Hi, I have done M.Tech. in Aerospace Engineering from one of the old IITs after doing B.E. in Electrical Engineering from a private college. The mode through which I got entrance is GATE examination in Electrical.

So, yes, it is possible to get into Aerospace after doing your bachelor's in Electrical.

Aerospace offers 4 specializations for MTech and PhD, (1) Aerodynamics (2) Structures (3) Propulsion (4) Flight Dynamics and Control. Among these, the last one is for electrical people.

Now coming to the question of difficulty. Since you have to study new subjects altogether, from scratch, it is going to be difficult. But then if you study regularly, everything will be alright.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?