28th January 2014, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

Benefits of M.Phil over PhD?

I am Tanu Chouhan(40) from sc category.I had done MA(pub. admn.)in 1998 with 50% marks. Now I want to do PHD in the same subject. I want to ask, Is there any benefit of MPHIL before PHD?

11th March 2014, 07:44 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Benefits of M.Phil over PhD?

Basically to know which is beneficial either M.Phil or Ph.D,you need to know what is Ph.D and M..Phil.and what these courses consists of.M.Phil is very simpler than Ph.D Doctoral program.Phd program takes a duration of minimum 3 years to 5 or 6 years,whereas the M.Phil course can be completed with in 2 years.And M.Phil is a generally a less advanced qualification rather than Ph.D.Also the dissertation of M.Phil is very shorter than the Ph.D thesis.

In the M.Phil courses you need to analyze already public topics or approved topics,so that then you are required to bring up and form the well informed theory.Whereas in Ph.D the situation is not,undoubtedly you need to bring uniqueness,excellence and originality of a topic on your own.This means you yourself research on a fresh or unapproved topics and you need to give very very much excellence.

The investigation work allotted to you is very very limited in M.Phil course,where as in Ph.D the investigation reaches peak point.
For Ph.D it required and need to give the evaluation review,whereas in the M.Phil course graduates no need to give any review.Very much intelligence and knowledge is required for doing Ph.D and to prove yourself to get Ph.D you need to really give your much efforts,whereas for M.Phil you no need to give much excellence.The number of words that are to be formed on the thesis definitely varies with the M.Phil and Ph.D courses about half.
19th August 2019, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Benefits of M.Phil over PhD?

How to get information about m.phil entrance?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?