9th May 2011, 06:28 PM
SURESH6

Am I eligible for Government Jobs if I have done Mechanical Engineering with 58%? Will this percentage matter in private sector too?

hello..
i have done mechanical engineering with 58% marks.
am i eligible for any government jobs...??
is this percentage is also going to matter in private sector too...??..
please let me knw..

Related Questions:
  1. Government Jobs for Mechanical Engineering graduates with 58% marks in BE
  2. What are the various B.E Mechanical jobs available for girls in Government sector?
  3. Government sector jobs vs Private sector jobs after B.E. in mechanical engineering?
  4. What kind of jobs are available in government sector for B.Tech mechanical engineering students in private sector?
  5. Best government jobs for mechanical engineering candidates?
  6. WHICH IS BETTER B. Arch (Architecture) or B. Tech (Civil/ Mechanical engineering) ? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Job opportunities in Government sector after the completion of Engineering in CS? Is it possible to earn more in Private sector than in Government sector?
  8. Am I eligible to get a government job after passing final year mechanical engineering with 70% aggregate? Can I get benefit of percentage in private sector?
  9. Private or government sector job after B.E in Mechanical engineering?
  10. Amrita EEE or SRMEEE? better chance of admission?
  11. Can I get government job after 12 years of IT experience in private sector?
  12. Government jobs and their requirement details after 12th with 80%
  13. Am I eligible for government jobs if I am 36 year old? -- [New]
  14. How to get jobs for Civil Engineers in Private Sector?
  15. Latest government jobs and private sector jobs in mechanical engineering in which I can apply after scoring 66% aggregate upto 7th semester?
  16. Best option between government job and private job?
  17. Can I apply for any government jobs or private jobs after doing Mechanical Engineering with 9 CGPA?
  18. B.Com or BCA: Better choice after 12th standard?
19th May 2011, 06:18 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Government Jobs if I have done Mechanical Engineering with 58%? Will this percentage matter in private sector too?

Sorry your not eligible for the jobs from Government side since you do not full fill their eligibility criteria.

Educational Qualification(Engineering Executive Trainees (EETs) and similar posts
Full time Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technology with not less than 65% marks or above as mentioned by the PSU in the notification.You need to take in the average of all the Semesters/Years, irrespective of the weightage given to any particular semester/year by the Institute/University. Final year/semester students who expect their result soon may also apply however they have to obtain at least above 65% marks in their engineering degree.

Here i have mentioned the educational qualification required by most of the PSU's.The qualifications may change depending upon the company.

Yes this percentage will definitely matter in the Private Sector too as most of the companies like Jindal recruit graduates having a minimum of 65% or above.So,you cannot expect a job in core sector as you do not full fill the criteria.
19th May 2011, 01:15 PM
bnk4

Default Re: Am I eligible for Government Jobs if I have done Mechanical Engineering with 58%? Will this percentage matter in private sector too?

i want Indian navy syllabus for computer science region...............
19th May 2011, 01:18 PM
bnk4

i want BEL(electronics) previous papers.........
19th May 2011, 01:22 PM
bnk4

i want details about what are d opportunities for ECE graduates.........completing study
19th May 2011, 02:35 PM
mandiv

hello...........
the percentage you require to attain a job in government sector is above 65%..................
but since you dont have this much so you can try for core sector .............you willl surely get a job there..........
all the best.......
19th May 2011, 03:57 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
Being a Mechanical engineer, you are definitely eligible for government jobs, provided you fulfill other eligibility criteria.
For recruitment of engineers in government sector, UPSC conducts an examination called Engineering Service Exam.
Doesn't matter how much you scored, if you hold a degree in engineering, you are eligible for the exam. The age limit to apply for the exam is between 21-30 years, with relaxation of 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST category and 3 years for OBC's.
For more information regarding the exam, you may refer to the official website of UPSC.
As far as private sector is concerned, the percentage does matters.
19th May 2011, 05:38 PM
vkvimal192

dont take tension you can get job in private sector
31st December 2012, 06:20 PM
denwer1

The minimum percentage required for getting a job in government sector is 60%. So i think you are not eligible for a government job.
But there are various private companies which do not bar any percentage requirement. So you can try your luck there.
31st December 2012, 06:25 PM
denwer1

CGPA of 9 is a very good marks. So you can definitely opt for the government jobs. Bur for that you have to crack the respective examination followed by the interview sessions.
31st December 2012, 11:49 PM
Cool Srk
Senior Member+

Cool Re: Am I eligible for Government Jobs if I have done Mechanical Engineering with 58%? Will this percentage matter in private sector too?

Hi,

Full time Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technology with not less than 65% marks or above as mentioned by the PSU in the notification.

Yes this percentage will definitely matter in the Private Sectoras most of the companies like Jindal recruit graduates having a minimum of 65% or above.

Sorry your not eligible for the jobs from Government side since you do not full fill their eligibility criteria.

Cool...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?