21st June 2014, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

Which board will be better - CBSE or state board?

I recently got transferred to Bharuch,Gujarat.I am confused about my child's future. Which board will be better - CBSE or state board? Previously I was in Tamil Nadu where he studied in Samacheer Kalvi which I think was not better. Before that he studied in CBSE board up to 7th. Please help me.

27th June 2014, 12:42 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which board will be better - CBSE or state board?

All board of education are more or less same due to more stress being laid on the universality of education system in India. The major difference comes in the languages learnt in different board of education. While some stress more on regional, some national while rest on english.

There is no point in shifting your son to other board of education or school. This is because he will again have to adjust to a new environment and new pattern as well as new syllabus. If changing the board is a compulsion, then it is better to go for ICSE till 10th. This is because :-

- English is better in ICSE which is the requirement of modern world.
- Computer syllabus in ICSE is better because it stresses more on programming.

After 12th, she should go for CBSE. This is because:-

- The syllabus of entrance exams are at par with the syllabus laid down by CBSE.
- English is easier and no compulsion of second language, hence more attention can be given to the core subjects.
31st August 2015, 06:00 PM
sumitrahul76

CBSE stands for central board of secondary education.
As it is the largest and finest board in india, its certificate is more valued than any other state board.Being a CBSE student you will get extra advantage in getting admission on delhi university(DU) and in many of the competitive examinations.
Many of the competitive examinations like JEE and AIPMTare totally based on the syllabus of CBSE, also these exams are conducted by CBSE.

While in any other state board you can't get all these advantages, generally in state board you can't score high.
If you are aspirated to study in abroad then the universities will not accept you, they will directly refuse you they will deny you to get admission if you didn't score great, that will very tough for a state board student
23rd October 2015, 10:42 PM
sumitsingh270596

CBSE stands for central board of secondary education it comes under the central government. It has its own advantages in different Field.
The syllabus of CBSE and any state board are almost same but CBSE board student get some preferences in different sectors, like students of science stream who wants to make career in engineering or medical field can get advantage for being a CBSE student.
Because the entrance examination for engineering and medical i.e IIT JEE or AIPMT are conducted by the CBSE and their syllabus is according to the prescribed syllabus of CBSE.

Also CBSE is better for the development of English that a state board can't. Also CBSE has creative pattern of education like CCE( continuios and comprehensive evaluation) which helps in improving student's creativity.

That's why I will prefer CBSE than any state board.
19th July 2020, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

which board is suitable for neet examination
21st July 2020, 02:02 PM
aashisharma7

Tula's International School is the best Dehradun boarding schools for girls & boys. It is one of the top schools in Dehradun. The school is affiliated to CBSE which offers holistic education to students.

21st July 2020, 03:14 PM
aashisharma7

Tula's International School is the best Dehradun boarding schools for girls & boys. It is one of the top schools in Dehradun. The school is affiliated to CBSE which offers holistic education to students.

22nd July 2020, 11:04 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Arrow Re: Which board will be better - CBSE or state board?

The state board is a better choice compared to CBSE. Most CBSE exams are considerably harder than their state board counterparts, so the children may find the latter easier to study in state board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?