27th December 2014, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility for GATE for 12th? I have scored 56% in 12th

i have scored 56 % in 12th .. is iam eligible for GATE 2015 ...what are eligibility for GATE for 12th ?

30th December 2014, 10:29 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility for GATE for 12th? I have scored 56% in 12th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have scored 56 % in 12th .. is iam eligible for GATE 2015 ...what are eligibility for GATE for 12th ?
12th standard candidates are not eligible for GATE exam.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then are eligible for GATE exam.

GATE exam doesn't require any kind of percentage marks in 12th or bachelor or masters progrmme.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam. You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.
26th March 2015, 09:56 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility for GATE for 12th? I have scored 56% in 12th

Quote:
No, you are not eligible for GATE examination after completing your 12th.

GATE stands for the Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering. This exam is conducted by one of the 7 IIT's every year.

This year GATE 2015 was conducted by the IIT Kanpur.

Eligibility for GATE:

Candidates should have completed at least their bachelor degree in engineering (Any Discipline) from the recognized university.

Final year candidates are also eligible to sit for this examination but, they have to submit an approval latter duly signed by the HOD (Head of the Department).

No any age restriction.

No any attempt restriction.

GATE score will be valid for 3 years.
28th March 2015, 11:54 AM
SmilyRishu

Hello friend...

You Are not eligible for gate Exam after complete the 12th class. Gate exam are available for the student who are graduated. In case of gate exam passing marks for the machenical engineering is 32. The gate exam is valid for the three year and no need under the application of age. The solution of your problem is the you firstly graduated then give the exam of gate

Thank you
29th March 2015, 06:34 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Sorry you are not eligible for the GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test of Engineering) on your +2 qualification .As the minimum eligibility criteria is a graduation or in the final year from any of the engineering stream can apply for it.

There is no limitations on number of attempts and no restrictions on the age .And once you qualify in the examination your score will be applicable for three years.

The examination is conducted by IIT Kanpur.
29th March 2015, 11:18 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

GATE stands for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This is the entrance exam conducted jointly by IISC and Indian Institute of technology for admission of candidates to the post graduation courses that is master's degree in technology.

In order to appear for this exam, the minimum qualification required is bachelor's degree in engineering or technology or master's degree in subjects like physics, mathematics etc.

Final year candidates of bachelor's degree in engineering and technology are also eligible for the exam.

As you have mentioned in the query that you have just passed your 10+2 with 56%.So as per qualification requirement, you are not eligible for this entrance exam.

At 10+2 level, you can appear for the Join Entrance Exam for getting admission into the bachelor's degree of engineering or technology from top reputed institutes like Indian Institute of Technology or National Institute of Technology etc.

After pursuing the bachelor's degree or in final year, you can appear for the GATE entrance exam. In recent years, the GATE scorecard has becoming very important in getting jobs in Public Sector Undertakings.

Most of the PSUs like BHEL, NTPC, ISRO, IOCL etc short list candidates on the basis of GATE scorecard.
30th March 2015, 02:29 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

You will not be eligible for the GATE entrance exam unless and until you get the degree of graduation course in any stream.Once you completed the three years of course after 12th then you will become
eligible to join this.

Some of the required details for the GATE exams has been explained as below---

GATE stands for GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST FOR ENGINEERING and Final year student of graduation or in equivalent are eligible for the GATE exam.

This is a very important exams for the graduate student because if they have to go into the public sector then then will be better option to make their career.
The gate rank holder students can go either for the higher studies like M.Tech Or can go for the Job IN PSU sector.
But the whole process is dependant on the basis of the GATE rank.

The jobs offered through gate rank varies as per the PSUs companies.Some of the PSUs companies are:-BHEL,GAIL,SAIL,NTPC,BARC,NPCIL,BEL

So you are advised to complete your basic study which is 12th then go for the graduation or its equivalent course,And after all fill the form of GATE to show your talent.
30th March 2015, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

GATE means Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.It is a National level exam conducted for entrance into Post graduation programmes.

As you are 12th candidate you are not eligible to give this exam, you should have complete your graduation to give this exam for post graduation studies.
30th March 2015, 11:01 PM
kunalroy89

You need to complete Graduation in Engineering i.e. B.Tech/BE or M.Sc in specific courses to be eligible for GATE. You cannot appear for GATE after 12th.Gate is basically for pursuing Masters in technology so for that you must complete your Bachelors.You have just crossed Intermediate.
You at this moment should prepare for Engineering entrance exams to get into IITs,NITs,State Govt colleges so as to complete your B.Tech.After completion of 4year engineering then appear for GATE
30th March 2015, 11:05 PM
kunalroy89

You need to complete Graduation in Engineering i.e. B.Tech/BE or M.Sc in specific courses to be eligible for GATE. You cannot appear for GATE after 12th.Gate is basically for pursuing Masters in technology so for that you must complete your Bachelors.You have just crossed Intermediate.
You at this moment should prepare for Engineering entrance exams to get into IITs,NITs,State Govt colleges so as to complete your B.Tech.After completion of 4year engineering then appear for GATE
30th March 2015, 11:28 PM
er.animesh6
Member+

Hi,

There is no minimum marks required in 12h examination to become eligible for GATE.

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering(GATE) is an all India entrance examination to get admission in two years post graduation M.Tech course in various engineering colleges in India.

QULAIFICATION REQUIRED TO BECOME ELIGIBLE FOR GATE IS:

--> Canddate have to complete B.Tech or M.Sc course.

--> Candidate who are in Final year of B.Tech or M.Sc can also apply for GATE.

--> Minimum age of the candidate must be at least 20 years.

--> No specific percentage required in B.Tech or M.Sc to become eligible for GATE.

Base on GATE score candidate are eligible for scholarship and will get specific college of their choice.

GATE score is valid for 2 consecutive years.
31st March 2015, 08:34 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

GATE is an online test consisting of 65 questions and is of 100 marks. It is conducted for 21 streams for M.Tech aspirants.

The eligibility criteria for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering:

1. Candidates who have completed their bachelor's degree in technology/ engineering can apply for the exam.

Final year candidates can also apply for the exam.

There is no percentage criteria for any candidates.

Being a 12th passed candidate, you can not apply for the GATE exam. First you need to complete your bachelor's degree then only you can apply for it.
1st April 2015, 12:23 AM
bichapoda

GATE is entrance exam for the Candidates who want to do there M.Tech so you need to be a Graduate to apply for GATE exam.

GATE Stands for GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST FOR ENGINEERING.

Candidates who want to Pursue there M.Tech should apply for this exam and clear it with good Rank to get seat in top colleges.

You need to be a Graduate or should be in Final year of Graduation to apply for this exam.

There is no Percentage Criteria to apply for GATE exam.

Based on your GATE Score you will get Seat in the Colleges .

So as you didn't yet complete your Graduation you first do it and then apply for GATE exam for your Higher Education in M.Tech.
1st April 2015, 01:57 AM
Samerjeet singh
Junior Member+

HELLO GUEST
GATE is graduate aptitude test for engineering
following are the eligibilty criteria for GATE:-
# must have graduate degree in engineering or PG degree in science
# age minimum is 21 and max is 30
so as per your qualification you are in +2 so till now you cannot apply for the GATE
and if you are willing to apply first complete your B.TECH than you can apply for the exam
BYE
1st April 2015, 11:21 AM
unique99

GATE means Graduate Aptitude test for engineers'

According to your question there is no eligibility available after 12th,if you are really interested for Gate then first of all you are to be a b.tech or equivalent engineer.
A final year candidate can also apply for the said exam.

To apply for Gate you need not maintain a stipulated marks criteria.

You are to upload proof while you are applying for online GATE test.

After passing the Gate you will be eligible to get admission for M.Tech course.

Again having this Gate certificate you can apply for PSU jobs.
1st April 2015, 11:41 AM
lavkuskumar

Dear Friend,,

GATE Stands for the Graduate Aptitude Test For Engineering

So, Basically it is a Test for The Engineering Passed or Engineering Final Year Student.And also there is no any percentage boundation.

So, here you are only +2 passed ,So, Sorry to say that you are not Eligible For GATE.

Good Luck!

Regards,
Lav
2nd April 2015, 11:20 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test For Enginnering.The examination is organised by the best engineering colleges of India as from IIT kanpur.It is taken for getting admission in different IIT and NIT for M.tech degree .This will help you in getting jobs in PSU.

The eligibility criteria is B.tech completed or final year students can apply with no requirement of specific aggregate in graduation.
There is no on number of attempts too.
The examination score is valid for three consecutive years.
There is procedure of negative marking also in the examination.
The examination is online based.
Questions in the examination are from your stream,mathematical ability,general knowledge.
26th July 2015, 12:38 PM
sonu@125

Hello Friend..

As you are asking about for eligibility for Gate having 56% marks in 12th..
GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test For Engineering is an exam for getting admission in Mtech programme from reputed colleges.. These days the Gate Score is used by various PSU companies for their recruitment process...

So this is a very important exam for any Btech student..
And the eligibility for the Gate exam is Btech completed or final year students can apply for this exam..
There is nothing issue of 12th percentage in this exam..
So prepare well for the exam and just forget about the 12th percentage..

All the best...
19th August 2015, 06:47 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Dear Friend..

GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is conducted every year for getting admission in M.Tech program or getting job in PSU's..

But I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for GATE exam..

Following are the eligibility for GATE exam:
--Student must possess a B. Tech degree or in the final year of B.Tech degree can apply for GATE exam...

**So you cannot give the GATE exam just after completing 12th..

All the best..
21st August 2015, 12:43 AM
JSD.

It is sorry to say you that you can not give this exam with this qualification.
Gate is graduate aptitude test for Engineering.Via this exam one can get the admission in best engineering colleges for the master degree courses in technology. To be eligible for this examination it is must to have a bachelor degree in technical/engineering/architecture stream or master degree in science stream.

As you are telling that you have just completed your +2 so you can not give this exam with only having +2.
21st August 2015, 03:00 PM
satya14581

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.
the eligibility for GATE exam:
--Student must possess a B. Tech degree or in the final year of B.Tech degree can apply for GATE exam
so you can not eligible for gate exam after completing 12th please pursuing graduation degree then think about gate exam you don't very exam is held on every year
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?