4th November 2010, 08:02 PM
sunil kumar choudhary

Minimum Percentage Required in 10th,12th and B.Tech to Clear GATE Eligibility

What is the percentage required for GATE in 10th, 12th or in B.tech?

Last edited by ForumModerator; 4th November 2010 at 08:44 PM.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the TCS placement eligibility criteria?
  2. Eligible criteria for TCS? Am I eligible for TCS after 58% in 10th, 56% in 12th and 74.28% in BCA?
  3. Tell me job related criteria in IBM company?
  4. Off-campus job opportunities for a candidate who have secured 69.14% in 10th, 56.7% in 12th and 74.14% in B.E. till 6th semester? Whether 12th percentage matters to get job if clearing GATE?
  5. Whether IT Industries requires sufficient percentage in 10th and 12th for job recruitment?
  6. Minimum Percentage Required for PSU Exam in 10th,12th and BTech?
  7. Minimum percentage required in UG to study M.Tech in IIT?
  8. What is the minimum percentage required in B.Tech to do MS in germany? What is the percentage required?
  9. What is the minimum percentage required for GATE exam? -- [New]
  10. Minimum percentage required in B.Tech, 10th and 12th to sit for IES?
  11. Can i get job in Google after B.Tech completion in CSE stream?
  12. Possibility to get job in Tata Motors for a candidate who has secured less than 60% in B.E. Mechanical?
  13. How much percentage is needed to get in B.Tech? What are the other requirements?
  14. Minimum percentage of marks required in 12th board exam for admission in IIT?
  15. Minimum percentage required in btech to do MS in US? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Eligibility criteria and percentage required in 10th, 12th and B.Tech to apply for CapeGemini and Accenture?
  17. Eligibility criteria to do MS Instrumentation in US? Marks required to be scored in GATE, GRE and TOEFL? Minimum percentage required in B.E?
  18. Eligibility to get job in IBM and Microsoft India for a B.Tech final year student who has secured 88% in 10th and 63% in 12th?
4th November 2010, 09:44 PM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Minimum Percentage Required in 10th,12th and B.Tech to Clear GATE Eligibility

hi friend,

GATE does not require any percentage criterian . It has not been specified in the GATE Brochure. Whatever percentage you have in 10th or 12th or in engineering, you can sit in GATE examination.

But the only thing is that , you may or may not be eligible for some institutes even if you got a good percentile in GATE exam. Actually institutes have their own eligibility criteria regarding marks in engineering course only. They do not ask 10th or 12th percentages.
5th November 2010, 07:06 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Minimum Percentage Required in 10th,12th and B.Tech to Clear GATE Eligibility

at this high point your marks in class 10 is allmost useless. gate doesnt require any percentage in any class or degree. but it is college which requires good percentage in b.tech and 12th to get admission even after good gate score.
5th November 2010, 09:49 AM

Post Re: Minimum Percentage Required in 10th,12th and B.Tech to Clear GATE Eligibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil kumar choudhary View Post
Basically 50% is must needed throughout you academic career......................

Best of luck for your gate Examination.............

Ankur Jain
5th November 2010, 03:23 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

DEAR FRIENDS.

every year gate exam is conducted on the second week of the february.

and for this exams their is no any barrier of the percentage of the marks in the

1oth ,12th even in the b.tech or graduation.so no needs to get worry.

also there is no any number of the fixed attempts for the gate exam.so one can

attempts as many number as he can.if you want to get any of the information about the gate then you can find from the different websites of the different iits.like
www.iitk.ac.in
www.iitkgp.ac.in
5th November 2010, 11:50 PM
chandana Reddy

hi...there is no percentage criterion to appear for GATE exam..your rank wil be purely based on the exam(GATE) which is going to be conducted in the 2nd week of february every year...based upon your rank ,you can choose the college.
6th November 2010, 02:00 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

No percentage criterian has been specified for GATE exam. Even a low percentage holder candidate can sit in GATE exam.

Percentage obtained in 10th or 12th or even in engineering is irrespective of this percentage. However there would be some problem in admission in any engineering institute if your btech percentage is low , at the time of counselling. Because some institutes do not accept a threshold percentage candidate.
6th November 2010, 11:10 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

there are no restriction regarding your percentage in 10, 12 or b.tech to appear in GATE. restriction are generally posed by institutes or universities which require good percentage.
6th November 2010, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

minimum qulification for b.tech to m.tech?
I am b.tech STUDENT.NOW HOW PREPARE FOR M.TECH AND MINIMUM PERCENTAGE 10 ,12 AND B.TECH
6th November 2010, 12:29 PM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

there is no any marks related criteria in the exam of GATE, there is only criteria is that you must have graduation degree in the technical field ie BTech or BE.But , some institute keep their own criteria related to marks of BTech or BE. If you have secure good rank in GATE exam but you are not fulling the eligibility criteria of that institute then you will not get admitted in the institute.

Best of luck
27th November 2010, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

what should be the confidence level...........
29th November 2010, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

i have scored 56% in b-tech. is there any good college in which i can take admission in M-Tech on the base of gate rsult?
4th December 2010, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

Hi sir how are u sir my quation that what persentage of gate in 10th&12th ...for sc candidate
8th December 2010, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

is passing in technician membership exam in civil by ICE enough to attend GATE exam
9th December 2010, 12:13 AM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

The eligibility criteria for appearing in GATE exam is as follows:

Candidate must hold a Bachelor degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) obtained from a recognised institution.

Cadidates who are in the final or pre-final year of such programme may also apply.

There is no percentage requirement in GATE. So, it does not matter how much percentage you have scored in 10th or 12th or Btech.
9th December 2010, 02:52 AM
ramakant sharma

Red face Re: Minimum Percentage Required in 10th,12th and B.Tech to Clear GATE Eligibility

hi friend as per your question in gate there isn't any criteria for percentage . but the thing matters is that at the time of interviews many institute put their criteria minimum 60 % throughout so you may clear gate easily but percent will matter after cracking the gate at institute level.
5th February 2011, 02:05 AM
Ankur agrawal

basically 60% at all three degree if dont have 10 th 12th is upto the mark considered but not engg.
6th February 2011, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

dear sir i"m having 54% in b.e can i get admission in mtect in iit or nit or iisc
10th February 2011, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

54% is enough to get admission in iit or nit or iisc as peon or sweaper
10th February 2011, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
dear sir i"m having 54% in b.e can i get admission in mtect in iit or nit or iisc
54% is enough to get admission in iit or nit or iisc as peon or sweaper
15th February 2011, 10:11 PM
aryabhatta

there is no minimum percentage required to appear in GATE exam you only need

1 B.Tech degree from a recognized university

2: only 3rd and final year student can appear in exam
27th March 2011, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

Sir please tell me about some top class institute in c.g.
18th April 2011, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

i have 54 % from AMIIM kolkata am i eligibal
20th April 2011, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

i want to become an IAS officer.....and now i am giving the 10th board exm.......and from this summer i want to prepare the study about IAS..........suggest me books for that...
please......
3rd June 2011, 02:52 AM
Unregistered

sir, i have just back in one subject which is to be cleared(i may lower my chances of getting into iit) i am selected for counseling at iit d.......IS IT SO????
13th August 2011, 11:16 AM
Unregistered

now i'm doing M.Sc computer technology 4th year (5 year integrated course).
now i'm above 70ty in M.sc course...........
but,i scored poor marks in 10th and 12th exam (42.4% & 48.2%)..............
now can i apply and write the gate exam.........................
please reply for me..........
13th September 2011, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

i have 88.6 percentile in gate,can i able to get MNIT?
23rd September 2011, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

if one score good in gate.......
and also in btec
then 12th % required or not?????????
having 12th% belo 60
plz give me the correct reply?
25th September 2011, 07:27 AM
nagamalleswararaoyaramasu

my dear
here your 10th ,inter ,graduation marks are useless
because don't required all these marks for gate exam
so here you need put efforts and get good rank in gate
don't think all the a bove marks will be useful
try to make a practice all previous papers
you will get good rank and good college and good job
all the best
regards
nagamalleswararao
27th September 2011, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

what persentage in b.tech to apply gate exm ...for sc candidates?
27th September 2011, 11:52 PM
coolsam.9

HI dear,

every year gate exam is conducted on the second week of the february.

and for this exams their is no any barrier of the percentage of the marks in the

1oth ,12th even in the b.tech or graduation.so no needs to get worry.

also there is no any number of the fixed attempts for the gate exam.so one can

attempts as many number as he can.if you want to get any of the information about the gate then you can find from the different websites of the different iits.like
www.iitk.ac.in
www.iitkgp.ac.in

Thanks
29th September 2011, 12:12 AM
Unregistered

hi, Can one with agrregate of 49.7% in BE degree get admission to M-Tech after qualifying GATE.
5th October 2011, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir,I am interested in writting gate exam, but my BE aggregate was below 60% is it ok to take exam.
11th October 2011, 10:08 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
GATE is a aptitude test for the admission into the Masters in Engineering course to the institution all over India.It aims in motivating the graduates by allocating funds for them
The academic background required for the exam is a bachelor degree from any of the Engineering discipline.
Final year students can also apply.
Pass is the minimum percentage required
12th October 2011, 12:43 AM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Pass percentage is sufficient to appear for GATE exam.

Important dates for GATE-2012 exam:
Issuing of application form from 12th Sep 2011 to 17th Oct 2011.
Exam will held on 29th Jan 2012.

For more details,then see this attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf gate-2012.pdf(443.0 KB, 112 views)
14th December 2011, 01:56 AM
Unregistered

sir,what is the minimum percentage is required in B.E. for SC category student to get admission IIT/NIT colleges for MTECH?
11th January 2012, 08:58 PM
se2madon

Smile Re: Minimum Percentage Required in 10th,12th and B.Tech to Clear GATE Eligibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil kumar choudhary View Post
For gate exam there is no need of percentage in B.Tech/B.E. but only final year student or graduate(B.E./B.Tech)
gate score card is compulsory for admission in M.Tech. course.
11th January 2012, 11:28 PM
anlakshmi

The GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

The GATE Examination does not require percentage of 10th, 12th and B.Tech.They don’t specified in the GATE Boucher.
12th January 2012, 05:18 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
If you are interested in GATE 2012

Then you will have to fulfill these eligibility criteria :

1.Academic qualification :
The candidate should complete graduation
There is no percentage requirement for GATE
Final year students can also apply for GATE

2.Age qualification :
There are no such age limitation for GATE

For more details you can see attachment below :
Attached Files
File Type: pdf gateprosp12.pdf(660.6 KB, 83 views)
2nd March 2012, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

hai sir i am st candiate what qualification required for aply ias
30th July 2012, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

I doing mca from ignou do i eligible for GATE.? 4 years gap after 12th or before Bca.
PLZ sir tell me can i get admission in IIT or best collegess.
8th September 2012, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

sir, i want to get admission in i.i.t. for m.tech in c.s. branch and also want to beat gate exam. now i m b.tech 2nd year student. my question is how many marks required to get admission in i.i.t. in Gate.
31st December 2012, 04:08 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

GATE Stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

The GATE Examination is conducted every year by the Seven Indian Institutes of Technology and the Indian Institute Of Science , Bangalore.

The Qualifications needed for GATE Examination are :

* you must have passed B.Tech/B.E./B.Arch from any recognized college/university.

* You do not have any pending backlogs.

* Final Year Candidates are also eligible for the GATE Examination.

* There is no age limit for this exam.

So , from the above mentioned , you can see that there is no any requirement of % of marks whether it is of 10th standard or 12th standard or B.Tech.

Only Pass in B.tech is required.

this is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.

19th March 2022, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have scored 56% in b-tech. is there any good college in which i can take admission in M-Tech on the base of gate rsult?
which college sir top IIT college allowed or not in 12 % in 57 10th, b.tech good score.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?