11th February 2015, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

Can I do Ph.D after MCA with less than 60% marks in Graduation and intermediate?

I belong to andhrapradesh.I completed my mca in 2014 with an aggregate of 75%.My percentages are below 60% in graduation and intermediate.I want to do phd.can u please tell me if there is any possibility and the process to do phd.thank u

11th February 2015, 10:23 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do Ph.D after MCA with less than 60% marks in Graduation and intermediate?

You just need 55% marks in your MCA degree from a recognized University. If you have got 55% marks in your MCA then you don't worry about your Graduation and 12th marks. There is relaxation of 5% marks for candidates who belong to reserved category.

If you have got the above then you should apply for Ph.D entrance exam and if you perform excellently in it then you will be eligible for admission. If you have qualified exams like NET/SLET/JRF then you can apply for Ph.D admission without appearing for any entrance exam.

Those who have got M.Phil or a teaching fellowship are also eligible for admission without appearing for any entrance exam. Hence, you shouldn't worry about your Graduation and 12th marks because admission in based on the master's degree and entrance exam.
12th February 2015, 10:25 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do Ph.D after MCA with less than 60% marks in Graduation and intermediate?

Ph.D admission depends on masters degree marks. It doesn't depends on graduation or 12th marks so you can apply for Ph.D admission but you should qualify in UGC NET exam. Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for UGC NET exam. For JRF post, your age should be below 28 years. Selection process for Ph.D admission-1)Written test 2)Technical interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?