27th February 2015, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

Can I study MCA after completing BCA if studied Biology in 12th?

Hello
I am a BCA 2nd year student, and willing to do MCA in future.
but I have heard non maths students are not eligible to do MCA. And I did my 10+2 with Biology and Biotechnology. I want to ask is there any way so that I can apply for MCA, because I am having maths as one of the subjects now during BCA?

Related Questions:
28th February 2015, 01:06 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study MCA after completing BCA if studied Biology in 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello
but I have heard non maths students are not eligible to do MCA. And I did my 10+2 with Biology and Biotechnology. I want to ask is there any way so that I can apply for MCA, because I am having maths as one of the subjects now during BCA?
You have completed BCA degree so you are eligible for MCA course.

Eligibility criteria for MCA:-

1)If you have completed BCA, B.Sc in IT, CS, Maths and Stats from a recognized university then you are eligible for MCA course.

2)Your age should be below 17 years.
28th February 2015, 08:00 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study MCA after completing BCA if studied Biology in 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello
There is no issue with your educational qualification. Those candidates who have studied Mathematics subject at 12th standard graduation are eligible to apply for MCA course. Since, you are completed 12th standard in science stream which is included in Mathematics subject so you are definitely eligible for MCA course.

Master of Computer Application is a two year Postgraduate program which focuses on the study of the computer science subject. Applicants who will successfully complete MCA course can hope for a good career ahead.

MCA Eligibility Criteria:

Students having a Bachelor degree in any discipline with Mathematics as a main subject from any of the recognized University are eligible to apply · Students pursuing their final year studies followed they must complete their graduation are also eligible. The marks scored in the entrance exam acts as the basis for selection into the MCA degree course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?