6th March 2015, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

How can I get admission to study Bachelor of Fine Arts after completing 12th Commerce?

Hello,
After completing 12th Commerce stream
from CBSE Board how can I pursue
Bachelor in fields related to Fine Arts?
Waiting for your reply.

8th March 2015, 12:11 PM
taherrocks
Senior Member+

Default Re: How can I get admission to study Bachelor of Fine Arts after completing 12th Commerce?

In order to get admission in BFA (Bachelor in Fine Arts) you should pass out your class 12th from recognised board. There is no entrance test for B.F.A program. However, there are some institutes that conduct the entrance examination. Some fine arts institutes carry out Aptitude test and based on that, admission process is carried out.

If you are qualified for BFA program then you can get forms from colleges Admission process is based on merit. Online and offline admission options are available.

So which ever board you belong to be sure that it should be a recognized board and you should have a minimum 50% in your board exam.
8th March 2015, 03:07 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get admission to study Bachelor of Fine Arts after completing 12th Commerce?

You can get direct admission to study Bachelor of Fine Arts course after completion of your 12th Commerce. Candidates who have completed 12th standard or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to pursue this course. No entrance examination is conducted for admission to this course except some colleges/universities conducts their own entrance test and provides admission to candidates who had performed in the entrance examination. The duration of BFA course is 4 years. Since, you have completed your 12th standard with Commerce stream from CBSE Board, you can get admission to study BFA course.
8th March 2015, 07:50 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

BFA or Bachelor of Fine Arts is an undergraduate course that a candidate pursues who have a keen interest in drawing, visualization, etc. This course also covers the interest of the candidate in photography, sculpture, theatre, painting, architecture, dance, etc. It is a 2 years duration course.

Since, you are a Commerce group student. So, you can apply for BFA Course. No entrance exam is conducted for admission to BFA course. Admission is based purely on merit.
But there are some institutes which conduct entrance exam for admission like:
  • UP TGT
  • DU Entrace Exam
  • JNAFAU Entrance Exam
  • BHU BFA Entrance Exam

Some of the prominent BFA Colleges includes:
  • National Gallery of Modern Art
  • University of Bombay, Mumbai
  • University Of Calicut, College Of Fine Arts, Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala University)
  • Visva-Bharati, West Bengal
  • Academy of Arts of India, Chennai (Tamil Nadu)
  • Ravi Verma Institute of Fine Arts, Mavelikkara
  • Sir J.J. Institute of Applied Art, Mumbai
  • Amrita School of Arts and Sciences, Ernakulum
  • Andhra University: Colleges of Arts and Commerce, Vishakapatnam
  • Indian Institute of Crafts and Design, Jaipur (Rajasthan)
27th December 2021, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
I want to ask a question
I am a commerce with computer science student
After my completion of 12th standard
Can I study cybersecurity??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?