15th March 2015, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

Can I get scholarship based on the Schedule Caste?

Can I get scholarship based on the Schedule Caste? I heard that there are scholarship based on the caste but I am not sure what is the procedure followed for it. So, can someone give me the information on this? Thanks!

16th March 2015, 06:02 PM
anamikasenrocks

Default Re: Can I get scholarship based on the Schedule Caste?

Just on the basis that you are from schedule caste, you will not get any scholarship. But this factor clubbed with the marks you have obtained might help you in this regard. For example in GATE examination general category people have to get a minimum 25 percentile to clear it. Whereas, you being from schedule caste have to score just 19 percentile or more to get a scholarship. But after you give the examination and receive the required percentile you have to show the schedule caste certificate when you join the respective institute for scholarship. So being from any caste or creed you have to sit for the respective scholarship qualifying examination. After that in comparison to general candidates you have to clear the examination with lesser percentage. You can take advantage of this situation. All the Best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?