31st March 2015, 07:41 AM
Unregistered

Can I get admission to study B.Tech(Aerospace Engineering) after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Sir,
Can I study Aerospace Engineering in B.Tech,
I am studying Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
Kindly tell me after my Diploma I can study Aerospace
Engineering in B.Tech? Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to study in IIT for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  2. How can I get admission to study B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) after completing Diploma course?
  3. Can I get admission to study B.E. in Robotics Engineering after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  4. Can I do B.Tech course in USA after completing Mechanical Engineering diploma course?
  5. Eligibility to study B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering?
  6. How to join Degree in Mechanical Engineering after completing Diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Can I study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  8. How to do bachelor of engineering after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering? CET question papers for mechanical engineering?
  9. How to get admission for Mechanical Engineering in US or UK or Australia after completion of Mechanical Diploma? Best universities in these countries for Graduation? Procedure to get admission in these universities?
  10. Can I get admission to study B.Tech(Aerospace Engineering) after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? -- [New]
  11. How to study marine engineering after completing diploma in mechanical engineering
  12. How can I study Aeronautical after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  13. Is it possible to get admission in mechanical engineering in Mumbai after diploma? What is the procedure for that?
  14. How to take admission in diploma in civil engineering after completing diploma in mechanical engineering
  15. Way to get admission in Marine engineering? Percentage required in Diploma?
  16. Is it beneficial to study B.E. instead of getting job after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  17. How to get admission for Mechanical Engineering in US or UK or Australia after completion of Diploma in Mechanical? Best universities offering this course in these countries? Duration and Fee structure for this course?
  18. Job or higher education, what should I choose after completing Mechanical Engineering Diploma?
26th May 2015, 03:30 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get admission to study B.Tech(Aerospace Engineering) after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

See, there are two possibilities and we would like to discuss both of them.

If you opt for the Mechanical branch for the engineering then the advantages that you will get are

1) You will get direct admission in the 2nd year since you have completed your diploma.
2) During placements also, you will have the better edge because diploma holders are assumed to have better technical knowledge and there diploma+degree holders are given preference over candidates who have only complete their degree.

Now, if you want to get aerospace branch in your b.tech, you are not eligible for the lateral entry and then you have to appear freshly as the candidate who appears after 12th. In that case neither your diploma in Mechanical will hold much value nor you will be able to extend your knowledge of Mechanical training in the AEROSPACE engineering course.

But yes, with this option you will be eligible for the
- posts of technical assistants for mechanical department on the basis of your diploma and
- posts of AE though your Aerospace degree after the completion of your degree.

So, see every option wisely before you choose.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?