27th April 2015, 03:15 AM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in BITS Pilani based on the marks I scored in Polytechnic course?

I got 88% in polytechnic. ...now i want to seek my admission in extc branch for b.e in BITs pillani college ...so i want to know that ..whether it is possible to do so ...or i need to attempt any entrance exam for it ? Can someone provide me the information as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Polytechnic students can get admission in BITS Pilani or any other campus?
  2. Procedure to fillup preference for admission in BITS Pilani for a candidate who has scored 311 marks in BITSAT?
  3. Is BITS Pilani Goa giving admission on the basis of intermediate marks? List of colleges providing admission on 12th marks basis?
  4. Can I get admission in Dual Degree program in BITS Pilani campus after scoring 283 marks in BITSAT?
  5. Minimum marks required to be scored in BITS online test? How to get admission in Pilani center? Number of seats available?
  6. What is the procedure to get admission for B.Arch in BITS Pilani?
  7. Can I get admission in BITS Pilani if scored 253 marks in BITSAT and secured 98% in 12th?
  8. How to do M.Tech degree form BITS Pilani?
  9. Can I get direct admission in B.Tech from BITS Pilani? I have scored 94% in 12th
  10. Details regarding seat availability and admission criteria for pursuing ME (embedded system) from BITS Pilani?
  11. How to get into BITS Pilani, Goa or Hyderabad after scoring 290 marks in BITSAT?
  12. Can I get direct admission in BITS Pilani after securing 95% marks in 12th class
  13. How can I get admission in BITS Pilani after scoring 237 marks in BITSAT?
  14. My BITSAT score is good but 12th marks are below 80%, what are my chances? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Can I get direct admission in BITS Pilani or BITS Hyderabad after scoring 968 marks in board exam without writing BITSAT exam?
  16. When will be the Entrance Exam to get admission for M.Tech in BITS Pilani? When can I get forms for this? Which degree I can receive from BITS Pilani between M.Tech and ME?
  17. Required Marks in 12th class to get admission in BITS Pilani?
  18. Information about BITSAT examination? Which are the coaching centers for the exam?
27th April 2015, 11:05 AM
hariamu

Default Re: Can I get admission in BITS Pilani based on the marks I scored in Polytechnic course?

You must have passed the requisite qualifying examination , which is the general secondary education certificate examination of ministry of education, UAE or senior school certificate examination of the central board of secondary education (CBSE-12th GRADE), new delhi , india or its equivalent from any recognized state , national or international board with physics, chemistry and maths.
27th April 2015, 01:32 PM
havvedprakash

Default Re: Can I get admission in BITS Pilani based on the marks I scored in Polytechnic course?

No, you can't get admission in BITS Pilani based on the marks you scored in Polytechnic course.

To get admission in BITS Pilani you have to apply for BITSAT Exam.

To apply for BITSAT exam candidate can submit their application form online at http://www.bitsadmission.com

Eligibility for BITSAT :

Candidate who appeared / appearing in 12th class with PCM or equivalent exams can apply for BITSAT.
Candidate must have secured 75% marks in 12th class.

Examination pattern :

Examination will be of 3 hours.
There will be total 150 objective type questions.
3 marks for every correct answer and negative 1 for every wrong answer.

Physics : 40
Chemistry : 40
English Proficiency : 15
Logical Reasoning : 10
Mathematics : 45
Total : 150

For more details please visit : http://www.bits-pilani.ac.in/
27th April 2015, 04:18 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot get admission in Birla Institute of Technology on the basis of marks scored in polytechnic.

BITS Pilani conducts its own entrance test called Birla institute of Technology Science Aptitude test.

It is a computer based test consisting of 150 questions of 3 marks each from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English and Logical reasoning.

Those who have done 10+2 or appearing from it from science stream from PCM subject group can apply for the exam.

The percentage of marks scored in 10+2 also plays a vital role in getting selected in exams.

Official website: www.bits-pilani.ac.in.
27th April 2015, 06:31 PM
Studynrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I got 88% in polytechnic. ...now i want to seek my admission in extc branch for b.e in BITs pillani college ...so i want to know that ..whether it is possible to do so ...or i need to attempt any entrance exam for it ? Can someone provide me the information as soon as possible.

Thanks!
Yes you can get the exam
Actually every institute have criteria for diploma holders.Where you can get the direct admission through the entrance exam they held.
but you need to have good percentage marks in your diploma also so that you can get admission in your desired institute easily and hope for the best.
27th April 2015, 06:47 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

No, the admission to undergraduate courses in engineering in Birla Institute of Technology is not given on the basis of marks obtained in Polytechnic.

BITS Pilani conducts its own entrance exam called BITSAT which stands for the Birla Institute of Technology Science Aptitude Test.

BITSAT is online test consisting of 150 questions from different subjects:

>>Physics: 40 questions.

>>Chemistry: 40 questions.

>>Mathematics: 45 questions.

There are 15 questions from English language and 10 questions from Logical reasoning. Each correct answer contains three marks each and there is negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer.

So you need to perform well in this entrance exam in order to get admission in BITS Pilani for bachelor's degree in engineering.

10+2 passed or appearing candidates from science stream having Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects in 10+2 can apply for the exam.

For any more details, you can visit the official website of BITS, www.bits-pilani.ac.in.
17th November 2017, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

Sir i completed my diploma in mechanical engineering with 72 percent, so i wish to join in bits. Is there any possibility for get admission by scoring BITSAT entrance in lateral entry ???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?