27th April 2015, 04:14 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study B.Arch if pursuing 12th PCB with Maths as an Optional subject?

Hello everyone,
I want to study B.Arch but I have
not taken Mathematics in my 12th standard.
I am studying PCB in my 12th and Maths as
an optional subject. Can I eligible for B.Arch now?

29th April 2015, 08:35 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study B.Arch if pursuing 12th PCB with Maths as an Optional subject?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello everyone,
Your 12th standard subject is not mathematics so you are not eligible for B.Arch course. NATA exam is conducted for B.Arch course.

NATA is an aptitude test conducted by the Council of Architecture for those aspirants who wish to avail admissions into the 5 year B.Arch courses.

Applicants who have passed SSC (Class 10th) or equivalent examination can appear for NATA exam but are not eligible for the B.Arch admissions.

Those candidates who have passed 10+ 2 or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate are eligible for NATA exam. You must have studied Mathematics as a main subject in 10+2 or equivalent.

www.nata.in/
29th April 2015, 11:02 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study B.Arch if pursuing 12th PCB with Maths as an Optional subject?

Quote:
Hello everyone,

Architecture is an integral role in the lives of human beings. To study this architecture, you should do B.arch which is Bachelor in Architecture and the duration of the course is 5 years.

The eligibility needed for doing the course is candidate should have completed +2 from a recognized school board with Mathematics and English as subjects and 50% aggregate. The candidate appearing should have completed 17 years of age. The top colleges where you can prefer to do B.Arch course is listed below for reference:

TOP B.ARCH COLLEGES IN INDIA:

# School of Planning & Architecture, New Delhi

# Chandigarh college of Architecture, Chandigarh

# Sir J.J.college of architecture, Mumbai

# Bengal engineering college, Howrah

# Jadavpur university, Kolkata

# TVB school of habitat studies, New Delhi

# IIT, Kharagpur

# IIT, Roorkee

# Centre for Environmental planning & technology, Ahmedabad

# Rai university , New Delhi
30th April 2015, 01:04 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

I am really sorry to say dear you are not eligible to apply for B.Arch without maths as your Compulsory subject. Since for admission of B.Arch you must have completed 10+2 with Maths, Physics and Chemistry are the Main subjects.

No other streams will not be considered for this course. And Maths is one of Main subject required to study B.Arch course.

For further more details regarding B.Arch in different Institutes you need to follow the below eligibility criteria.

Eligibility Criteria for B.Arch :

1.You should have completed 10+2 or any equivalent examination with minimum 50% of marks from the recognized university.

2.There is a Percentage relaxation for reserved candidates like SC/ST about 5%(i.e 45%)

3.Some colleges requires Age limits so it depends on the requirement of college.

4.You need to apply for " NATA Examination " to get a repudiated college to study for B.Arch.

I hope this information will be useful to you.
30th April 2015, 10:49 AM
Forumexpert
Member+

Quote:
Hello everyone,
I am sorry to say this word without mathematics you are not eligible to study B.Arch. Because the architecture course deals with the full of Mathematics subject. And hence my advice is pleasing select any related course based on your 12th standard specialization. I am providing you the some of the eligibility criteria for doing the B.Arch as below:

-> Candidate should complete his 12th standard with the physics, chemistry, mathematics as the main subject with a minimum percentage of 55%.

Being a 12th PCB student you can apply for the courses like,

B.Sc Physics
B.Sc Biology
B.Sc Zoology
B.Sc Agriculture.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?