27th April 2015, 04:15 AM
Unregistered

Can I get admission next year if appear for CLAT in this year?

Hello friends,
If I write CLAT and get good marks and I am not able to join college this year, then will I be able to use this score for next year admission or should I appear for CLAT exam again? Please help me.

29th April 2015, 06:40 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission next year if appear for CLAT in this year?

No, you cannot get admission next year if you appear and qualify CLAT examination this year. The CLAT examination of a particular year is valid only for admission to that specific academic year . For example, CLAT 2015 examination score is valid only for getting admission to academic year 2015-16 and afterwards it is not valid. If you are unable to join college this year, then, to get admission in next year, you need to once again appear in CLAT examination.
29th April 2015, 08:10 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello friends,
If I write CLAT and get good marks and I am not able to join college this year, then will I be able to use this score for next year admission or should I appear for CLAT exam again? Please help me.
No, you can not use this score card in next year.

CLAT 2015 :-

Date of Issue of First Admission Notification: 25th December, 2014 (Thursday)

Starting date for Submission of Online Application Form: 01st January 2015 (Thursday)

Last date for Submission of filled-in Online Application Form: 31st March 2015 (Tuesday), by 11.59 PM

Download of Admit Cards/Hall Tickets From: 15th April 2015 (Wednesday)

Date of CLAT-2015 Online Exam: 10th May 2015 (Sunday)

For online application of CLAT exam, you may log onto www.clat.ac.in
30th April 2015, 08:55 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test is all India entrance examination conducted on rotation by 16 National Law Universities for admission in Undergraduate and post-graduate program .

It provide a list of candidate on the basis of 'merit-cum-preference' to each universities for admission to their UG/PG program as per qualification,reservation and other conditions.

Eligibility criteria for applying to CLAT in UG program are

-Student must have passed Higher Secondary Degree in any disciple from a recognized board with minimum of 45% marks.

-Students appearing in Higher Secondary/ equivalent examination are also eligible to apply.

-Students applying for entrance examination should be below 20 years on 1st July of the same year in which he/ she apply.

You have to take admission in any NLUs in the same year you qualified in the entrance examination unless your qualification status will vanish in the following years.

So, you are not allowed to take admission in the following year .
You have qualify in the same year to get admission.
7th May 2015, 10:05 PM
amanshrivastava98

No, it is not possible.

Yes, there are some exams whose score cards remain valid for more than one year but such is not the case with CLAT.

You have to take the admission in the same year or if you fail to do it then you need to reappear in the examination next year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?