22nd May 2015, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study PhD course if pursuing M.Phil in History?

Friends,
I am doing M.Phil in History and I want to know that
for doing PhD course I have to give any entrance exam?
Kindly let me know as soon as possible.
With Regards-

27th May 2015, 08:56 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study PhD course if pursuing M.Phil in History?

If you complete your M.Phil qualification with at least 55% marks then you will be eligible for Ph.D admission without any entrance exam. All you have to do is appear for the interview stage which is required to get admission in the Ph.D course. Those with NET/SLET/JRF/GATE score are also exempted from entrance exam stage of Ph.D admission.

Hence, you must complete you M.Phil with the above mentioned percentage to become eligible for direct interview. Most of the Universities release notification for Ph.D admission and you have to apply for admission on a prescribed format.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?