29th May 2015, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do B.Tech course if I am a diploma holder?

Am I eligible to do B.Tech course if I am a diploma holder? What would be the minimum eligibility criteria required for applying B.Tech course? Can someone please give me the complete information on this as soon as possible? Awaiting for the reply soon!

29th May 2015, 09:59 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do B.Tech course if I am a diploma holder?

Yes, you are eligible to pursue B.Tech course after completion of your three years Diploma course. The minimum educational qualification required to pursue B.Tech course is completion of 12th standard or equivalent or three years Diploma course from a recognised board. To get admission in B.Tech course after completion of your three years Diploma course, you need to appear in Lateral Entry examinations like LEET, ECET, JELET examinations. By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get admission in second year of four years B.Tech course.
29th May 2015, 10:58 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

Of course you are eligible to do B.Tech course after completing your diploma. If you have completed your diploma, then you will get admission in 2nd year B.Tech course. The candidate who take admission in B.Tech through diploma is called as Lateral Entry. The minimum eligibility to apply for B.Tech course for diploma holder is, he must have completed his/her diploma with minimum 60% of marks.
29th May 2015, 11:00 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to do B.Tech course if I am a diploma holder? What would be the minimum eligibility criteria required for applying B.Tech course? Can someone please give me the complete information on this as soon as possible? Awaiting for the reply soon!
Yes, of course you are eligible for B.Tech after completing a Diploma. Those candidates who have completed their Diploma in relevant specialization are eligible to apply for B.Tech through Lateral entry. You must appear and qualify in the written exam in order to get admission to B.Tech through lateral entry. Normally, the lateral entry exam will be conducted by the respective university. The admission notification for B.Tech will be published in official website and also published in respective university notice board as well. Please, visit the respective university in order to get more details regarding B.Tech lateral entry admission process.

Delhi Institute of Technology & Research (DITR)
D-70 Nathu Colony School Block
Near Railway Flyover Sahadara Delhi Delhi/NCR 110093

ABES Engineering College
Campus-1 19th KM Stone
NH-24 Delhi-Hapur Bypass Road Ghaziabad Uttar Pradesh 20100

R.V.College of Engineering (RVCE)
Mysore road , r.v. vidyaniketan post
Bangalore Karnataka 560059

Manav Rachna International University (MRIU)
MRIU Aravalli Campus Sector 43, Delhi Surajkund Road
Faridabad Haryana 121004
29th May 2015, 11:04 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue B.Tech course(in relevant field of your Diploma course), if you have completed your Diploma course. And you can directly join in second year of Engineering course, by appearing for Lateral entry engineering exam, which is conducted in your state. In India, almost each and every state conducts Lateral entry engineering exam to offer engineering admissions for Diploma students. So, try to know the exam, which is conducted in your state and appear for that exam, if you qualify in such exam, you will get admission in B.Tech course.
29th May 2015, 11:29 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes dear you are absolutely eligible to get admission in Engineering colleges for B.Tech. But before this admission you need to give an entrance exam for B.Tech admissions for Diploma students.

In fact every state has been conducted the Entrance exam for Diploma students in their engineering colleges. for instance Andhra Pradesh board conducts the entrance exam called " ECET " for Diploma students.

Based on the rank you will get a admission in B.Tech in the corresponding stream which had completed in your Diploma. Thus you will get a admission in B.Tech direct II/IV B.Tech.

There is No need to study the First year of B.E/B.Tech with diploma qualification. Hope you will understand the concept.
29th May 2015, 11:31 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for B.Tech course with Diploma in Engineering qualification. All you have to do is appear for lateral entry exam which will allow you to get admission directly in 2nd year of the B.Tech course. Most of the lateral entry exams ask for 50% marks in Diploma in Engineering, therefore, make sure you have this much marks in your diploma qualification.

Some of the examples of lateral entry exams are JELET, UPSEE, DET etc. These are mainly conducted on the state level and you have good chance of getting admission in your domiciled state to which you belong. Hence, apply for them and be prepared for the competition.
30th May 2015, 09:16 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to do B.Tech course after completion of Diploma course in Engineering (Diploma in Engineering). But Diploma completed candidates would get their admission into direct 2nd year of B.E/ B.Tech rather 1st year of B.Tech. Candidates those who pursue B.Tech with 10+2 (Intermediate) qualification get admission into first year B.Tech/ B.E, whereas Diploma (10+3) completed candidates can get their admission in 2nd year of B.Tech called Lateral Entry Joining. For this, you are required to give LEET (Lateral Engineering Entrance Test) conducted by State or Central government organization for giving admission into B.E/ B.Tech graduate courses. You must have completed Diploma with minimum 60% marks to be eligible for getting admission into B.E/ B.Tech course. Besides this, you must have written LEET Entrance Examination and valid score to get admission into this course based on the rank or score that you obtain in the respective educational qualification. Unless you write any entrance examination you cannot get admission into good college which offer these courses.
30th May 2015, 09:03 PM
kunalroy89

All the state govt engineering colleges let's diploma candidates take admission directly in 2nd year of B.Tech. It is known as Lateral Entry.
The Universities or mostly the joint entrance boards of the respective states conducts this exam.You will get admission in B.Tech based on your rank only.

Or after diploma,if you are working, then you can take admission in AMIE for B.Tech. You will get to complete your degree through correspondence without attending regular classes and degree from AMIE is very valuable.
30th May 2015, 09:19 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are eligible for B.Tech course after completion of your diploma degree degree through lateral entry exam.

Those candidates who have completed diploma course from a recognized institute are eligible to get admission in B.Tech course.

Your age should be above 18 years.
20th September 2017, 11:29 PM
Member+

Yes, you are eligible for b.tech after completion of diploma courses. You have no backlogs in diploma courses it's mandatory.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?