17th July 2015, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

Can we take up Ph.D after completion of MA with GATE score?

My wife did MA with artline, can she go with gate for phd? Can someone please provide me the details on the same? I just wanted to know if we can take up the Ph.D course with GATE score so that I can ask her to prepare for the same as well.

Related Questions:
  1. In which IITs I have a chance to get admission through GATE score for Phd?
  2. Can I pursue PhD in AP without GATE score?
  3. What is the GATE score for candidates for Ph.D?
  4. With GATE 2009 score card can I apply for NIPER PhD? What shall I do to get admission in NIPER for PhD?
  5. PHD in ECE without Gate score card or CSIR UGC NET score?
  6. List of universities offering PhD course for GATE qualified candidate?
  7. Cutoff GATE score required to study PhD in Food Technology?
  8. Direct PhD in Biotechnology with GATE score is possible? Colleges offering admission?
  9. What is better for me after B.Tech Compute Science? Which field contains more scope?
  10. Will GATE score of 2 years back be considered for PhD? Is SET considered good for PhD?
  11. How can I get admission to study PhD in India without GATE being a M.Pharma 2nd year student?
  12. How much JRF is offered through GATE and UGC-NET? Minimum marks score to study PhD through GATE and UGC-NET?
  13. List of colleges where I can get admission for PhD as per my GATE score?
  14. Institutes offering Ph.D in Biology in India through GATE?
  15. List of Government Colleges for M.Tech or PhD in Biotechnology taking GATE score for admission? I got 947 rank, 40.67 percentile and 381 score in GATE -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Institutes offering Ph.D in Biotechnology in India through GATE?
  17. Procedure to get admission in Manipal University to study PhD in Microbiology for a SC candidate who has secured 32.33 percentile in GATE? List of PhD colleges offering admission with this GATE scorecard?
  18. Is GATE scorecard acceptable in Anna University for admission in PhD program?
17th July 2015, 05:13 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can we take up Ph.D after completion of MA with GATE score?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My wife did MA with artline, can she go with gate for phd? Can someone please provide me the details on the same? I just wanted to know if we can take up the Ph.D course with GATE score so that I can ask her to prepare for the same as well.
If you have completed M.A in Fine arts and if you have GATE score card then you are eligible for Ph.D admission.

The educational qualification required for Ph.D course is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for Ph.D exam.

Your age should be below 28 years.

If you have not GATE score and you are from Arts stream then you should go for UGC NET exam. After getting UGC NET score, you are eligible to get admission in Ph.D course.
17th July 2015, 07:43 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

NO, you cannot get admission in Ph.D course with GATE score. GATE is an exam, which is conducted by Indian Institutes of Technology to offer admission in Master of Engineering and Master of Technology courses. So, by qualifying in this exam, you can get admission only in Master of Engineering and Master of Technology courses, but not in Ph.D courses.
18th July 2015, 06:05 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

GATE has a list subjects for which it is conducted and if your wife has done post graduation in any of those subjects then she can surely go for GATE. If the subject in which your wife has done post graduation is not there is GATE then she will not be eligible for it.

Normally, those who are from arts field go for UGC NET which is a better option with wide range of subject options. NET score will help you in admission in PH.D programme.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?